You are not logged in.

tvarvais

Saturday, May 11th 2024, 12:46pm

Solenoid broke in bonnet - Toro

While replacing some sprinklers for a friend he mentioned a zone that was not working. I went to the distribution box and attempted to manually turn the solenoid but it snapped off. Toro system put in with the house in the 80's. I can source the diaphragm and the solenoid but do not want to damage the bonnet trying to remove the remnants of the old solenoid:

Looking for ideas on what to do? If I can't source a bonnet then the next step is to get the dremel out and try to remove the remnants of the old solenoid....

mrfixit

Saturday, May 11th 2024, 4:31pm

Is that a Toro Flo-Pro? Flo-Pro < Click
In 30 years of repairing sprinkler systems for a living, I've only ran across the Flo-Pro twice.
And they didn't have broke off solenoids.
Can you tap tap tap it with a small screwdriver to loosen it enough so you can unscrew it?

tvarvais

Saturday, May 11th 2024, 6:21pm

Is that a Toro Flo-Pro? Flo-Pro < Click
In 30 years of repairing sprinkler systems for a living, I've only ran across the Flo-Pro twice.
And they didn't have broke off solenoids.
Can you tap tap tap it with a small screwdriver to loosen it enough so you can unscrew it?

I tried a little but the piece that I was 'tapping' on broke. Debating getting out the dremel and making small cuts to take it out in pieces..... Either that or calling the company that put this system in to see if they have a new bonnet, diaphragm, and solenoid.. $$$

tvarvais

Monday, May 13th 2024, 11:48am

I was able to make small cuts it it an pull it out piece by piece. Now to order a replacement Solenoid....and might as well get the diaphragm too

mrfixit

Monday, May 13th 2024, 7:35pm

Good deal!
I believe the solenoid on that valve has it's own threads. Meaning that other Toro solenoids don't fit.
Here's the parts

Rate this thread