You are not logged in.

johnson J

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 6:57am

Back yard Sprinklers never used

I moved into a house that has a working front irrigation system. The previous owner had lines run in the backyard but never used them. How do i test these? or better yet, find the existing sprinkler heads in my backyard. The backyard zones are not controlled by the panel like the front yard so i cant make them pop up. I have noticed that there is a second PVC pipe that dosen't have a pump on it, could it be that i need to install an additional pump on the backyard? I know where the control panel is in the ground and i see three control valves, is this something i can do myself? or should i hire a professional?

If anyone has anyhelp, or ideas id appreciate. Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 7:08am

no rhyme or reason here - you get to do the legwork (and shovel work) that will reveal what is there

johnson J

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 8:23am

more specific

no rhyme or reason here - you get to do the legwork (and shovel work) that will reveal what is there

Is there a way to post pictures on here, id like to show you what im talking about so that i can get better help, i know how to dig out the sprinkler heads, my problem is finding them?? Also, if there is a second PVC comiing out of the ground near the pump that is not attached, does that mean that i need to get a second pump or attach this PVC to the current pump i have? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:15am

How are you going to know what is connected to what, unless you see it with your own eyes? If there is a connected water supply feeding the back yard, you have to find the supply valve and open it.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 3:15pm

What about starting with a phone call to the previous owner? He would know what was installed.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread