You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3936 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 7:19pm

by kjaaka (Guest)

tried it

Notice the PR OFF this morning. Followed the following steps:

1. tried another outlet/checked that original outlet worked - all fine, PR OFF
2. switched fuses (though original looked fine) - PR OFF
3. shut off power to house for one minute - PR OFF
4. stewed - PR OFF
5. found this thread - PR OFF
6. removed lithium battery and fuse - PR OFF
7. put fuse back in - back to normal
8. put battery back in - still back to normal
9. much happier

Great thread all, thanks

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 4:30pm

by Djc925 (Guest)

Thank you

I had the same problem with the PR OFF error. I googled the problem and thankfully found this site. Even though the original post was from 2006, everything mentioned pertained to my problem today. I replaced the battery, fuses and it still didn't work. I read further and someone mentioned replacing the transformer (plug) and it immediately started to work. Once again, thank you for everyone's input

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 7:54pm

by mr3 (Guest)

thanks

This helped me too, thanks a *ton*. By the way it's near the top of Google results for the 'PR OFF' error code on this line of models, so given their popularity w/builders it's probably helped a lot more people than us.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 2:21am

by mrfixit

I'm not so sure the problem is your transformer. There's could be a problem with the wiring that's causing an intermittent problem. Could be a solenoid going bad.
You need to run it manually a few times and see if the same numbered valve causes the problem.

If you still think you need a new transformer you may as well just buy a new 4 station controller. They're cheap enough.

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 4:03pm

by bisibob (Guest)

Transformer

I've read all these threads, but the bottom line is that my transformer does not supply a steady power supply. It works fine for days, then flips to PR OFF. When I plug the transformer into another plug it instantly works fine for a couple more days. I've got to believe it's the transformer and I can't find a four wire replacement for the Rainbird ESP-4TM. There's plenty of transformers for other models, but not the Model 2650650 4 wire unit.

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 11:13pm

by galante13 (Guest)

mr fixit

Followed your directions!!! WORKED EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

Friday, October 21st 2011, 1:20am

by Mitchgo

Have you verified the plug actually works and that the GFI or breaker isn't flipped?

Friday, October 21st 2011, 1:12am

by dominicanyor (Guest)

need help please

My timer swiss OR OFF and I have tried everything that many people have checked. I have change the transformer twice and still not working. Any help please???

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 11:54am

by Benson (Guest)

RE: It worked!

Thanks for posting this. Just unplugged after trying everything else and it worked. Saved me a bunch of time and money.

Same for me, I took out the fuse, took out the battery, unplugged the 'wall wart adapter.' Waited 15 seconds. I put the battery back, I put the fuse back, plugged the wall adapter back in, and viola! back to normal.

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 9:42pm

by Wet_Boots

RE: RE: PR Off in Rain Bird ESP-6TM

I have a PR Off indicator and when I replace the fuse with the transform unpluged and the unit dial in the "off" position, I can successfully change it. Then, I can turn the dial to all the settings, including all programing, and the control board appears to work perfectly. as soon as I turn the switch on AND press the manual start button, the fuse blows again. It does not matter which zone is being started first. If it was one zone, I know it was the solenoid for that zone, but it happens with EVERY zone. Any ideas what the problem is?? I do know I had an electrical storm last week and I lost my cable modem, wireless router, and phone router when lightning hit a tree in the yard. Can lightning blow EVERY solenoid??

Thanks,

RUNNING OUT OF FUSES!

And your checking of the wiring with a multimeter showed you what........