You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 6061 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Thursday, September 13th 2007, 2:10pm

by gregory1420

or youmight get it with 3 way check the label on anything you buy to make sure you grass can handle the chemical

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 10:10am

by mburnickas

use confront or drive. Round-up is not needed.

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:41am

by nestors

kill with Round-up then seed

Friday, June 20th 2003, 7:01pm

by dzuroff

Creeping Charlie

Boy did I learn about this stuff the hard way! I purchased a house and I have lived there now for one year. The house had been vacant for a couple years before I moved in and I later learned the previous owners did not tend to the yard all that much. Needless to say I had a jungle that needed taming! I figured I would start this year by using the Scotts 4-step plan, however... I have a serious case of creeping charlie and from what I understand it is very difficult to get rid of (Scotts Weed And Feed didn't even phase it). I have seen reference on various web sites to using Borax to kill it off, but is this really neccesary? If I overseed will the new grass eventually put a choke hold on Charlie or will Charlie not let new grass grow? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!