You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4681 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 11:53am

by Wet_Boots

Your controller setup would fit the pin-type valves, so the 250-00-04 would be your valve replacement.

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 10:43am

by howard941

Use your controller to further pinpoint the exact replacement. A normally-open type of controller has a line feeding it pressurized water, usually through a filter. That controller then applies water pressure to the valves. A pin-type controller has no pressurized water feed. Note the two-digit coding on those valves. Electric is 06 - pin-type is 00 - normally open is 01. Toro controllers would use that same coding.
I suppose Toro wouldn't approve but at some point the guy who owned this house before me put a Rain Bird ESP-8 control head in (digital, looks like it's circa mid-late 90s vs. 1970s for the valve). The ESP-8 is connected to a bank of solenoid controlled valves that look exactly like the valves at the bottom of this image you posted in another thread:

In my system these valves are normally closed, and each of the valves has a short tube . When a zone (24V on the solenoid engaging it) is on the solenoid engages, pulling a pin up that opens up the control valve, and then a short tube off of the solenoid valve drains water onto the ground that came from the 1/4" rubber tubing from the inline valve out on the lawn. There's no pressurized common feed anywhere near these solenoids. Does this make sense?

Friday, June 24th 2011, 10:07pm

by Wet_Boots

Use your controller to further pinpoint the exact replacement. A normally-open type of controller has a line feeding it pressurized water, usually through a filter. That controller then applies water pressure to the valves. A pin-type controller has no pressurized water feed. Note the two-digit coding on those valves. Electric is 06 - pin-type is 00 - normally open is 01. Toro controllers would use that same coding.

Friday, June 24th 2011, 1:59pm

by howard941

Thank you for the quick reply. In a 2005 forum post here teh google picked up you described my system precisely - my valves use bleed water from their supply to feed their control port....the "pin" type? Is there another valve on the market I could drop in the obsolete one's place even if I have to tap the supply line ahead of the valve to pressurize the control line and sort of mimic the pin method?

EDIT 1106242047 - Does this toro 250 look suitable?

Friday, June 24th 2011, 1:22pm

by Wet_Boots

That is a Toro 200 (I think) valve, and it was made in both a normally-open version and a "pin-type" version - long ago discontinued, it was never repairable.

Friday, June 24th 2011, 12:47pm

by howard941

Identify mystery hydraulic valve (and can it be repaired)?

Help! The hydraulic valve shown below is the last busted bit of a creaky sprinkler system. Who on earth made this valve? Is it repairable? This one of 6 valves in the system opens just fine but closing off the control port at the valve does not completely close the valve anymore.

Thank you! Howard in Sarasota