You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4234 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 12:28pm

by Wet_Boots

Find the valve and operate it manually, without use of the controller.

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 9:47am

by Al W. (Guest)

My inground sprinklers won't blow out or spray water in zone 4

My inground sprinklers won't blow out or spray water in zone 4. They were working earlyer this summer & I recently discoverd this. If tried to blow them out & they wont pop up. any suggestions? Thanks

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 10:06am

by Wet_Boots

You may find it worth the expense and maintenance to have a compressor with an iron pump that takes oil - they figure to outlast the "oil-less" types.

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 6:55am

by wsommariva

Hard to tell since I had blown the lines somewhat with two other weak compressors. My longest run is only about 90 feet of 3/4" poly. Wet boots suggested a 10 gallon for my purposes. I got the 15 gallon.

When I connected the 15 gallon, it took just a minute or two to blow out the remaining mist. BTW it's a 200 psi unit.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 6:59pm

by grey

How long did it take for to blow a zone with longest run?

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 6:04pm

by wsommariva

Campbell Hausfeld HJ300100DI - Lowe's. $199. Hose and fittings extra $30

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 4:30pm

by grey

what model did you get?

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 2:56pm

by wsommariva

I went out and bought a 15 gallon compressor for $235. Very nice machine. Easy to set to 60 psi. Blew out all lines until I was blowing air.

I'll need to rig up a fitting for my pvc, but I have a year to figure that out.

Have a good winter everyone.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:03am

by wsommariva

Ok I will wait until all water mist is gone and I'm blowing air. I do have Toro valves and use the controller to open.

I wish I had a bigger compressor but what I have works; just takes time.

I'll try to rig up a better fitting to lose less air.

Thanks everyone, I'll be done by noon.

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 6:21pm

by Wet_Boots

get a compressor with a tank - nothing else can be trusted for a home unit - 10 gallon minimum, more is better - the tank does most of the work

you must see all the heads popped up and blowing air - if you have Toro valves, figure on having to use the controller alone to activate the zones

also, set the pressure at 60 psi tops - and you don't use an air hose - use a garden hose, so airflow is not restricted