You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4315 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Monday, July 16th 2012, 10:37am

by Wet_Boots

a reach, I admit, but if someone is suffering extreme financial distress, they could get by with the Orbit-branded PGP head

I bought a case of them some years ago, because I wanted to have sets of the PGP nozzles in dark green plastic. The red ones did not stand up to exposure to sunlight, with the result of every PGP shrub head being guaranteed to fail from a nozzle that crumbled to pieces.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:37am

by GatorGuy

Oh, c'mon...
Orbit?

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 9:01pm

by Wet_Boots

You could always buy Orbit Voyager rotor heads at a local big-box store

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 5:00pm

by SumGuy

There must be a lot of crime in Canada. If stuff's so expensive, people must be stealing their neighbors PGP's.
Actually, there's more stealing of copper and metal stuff in the US than in Canada. Stuff like air conditioners and even street and highway lights. Home lawn irrigation is not common in the South-Western-Ontario city where I live. More common for commercial properties.

Another reason why I'd rather repair my existing heads is because I know they will drop right back in the same cups. I don't want to have to buy new ones that won't fit into the old cups (meaning I'll have to dig out around the old cups so they can be unscrewed without getting dirt in the line).

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 12:21pm

by mrfixit

There must be a lot of crime in Canada. If stuff's so expensive, people must be stealing their neighbors PGP's.

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:47am

by SumGuy

The PGP's are on sale right now.
Shipping stuff to Canada sucks, because by the time you add customs/duty/GST/brokerage charges, you end up paying about what it costs here at retail. That's why Canadians who are close enough to the US border either drive across and buy the stuff at Home Despot or take out PO boxes and have stuff shipped to the US PO-box.

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:28am

by Wet_Boots

Yea, I knew that the first response was going to be "buy new". But like I said, they're not cheap here in Canada, and there are simply too many of these things that I need to replace.

I'm going to cut one open with a band saw and see how exactly these things work on the inside and how they are assembled so I can take them apart.

Replacing them at $25 each is crazy when they are almost fully functional.
If you want sprinkler heads that can be dismantled down to the smallest piece, you need to get in your time machine and go back to 1970. Today's plastic gear-drive sprinklers do not "come apart" on account of they are ultrasonically welded together. You cannot undo ultrasonic welding.

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 10:42am

by mrfixit

The PGP's are on sale right now.
Click Here
--
Canada Shipping

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 10:31am

by SumGuy

Yea, I knew that the first response was going to be "buy new". But like I said, they're not cheap here in Canada, and there are simply too many of these things that I need to replace.

I'm going to cut one open with a band saw and see how exactly these things work on the inside and how they are assembled so I can take them apart.

Replacing them at $25 each is crazy when they are almost fully functional.

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 9:35am

by Wet_Boots

buy new heads - you don't fix plastic gear drive heads - if you want heads you can fiddle with, get Rainbird Maxipaw impact heads