You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4026 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 7 posts

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 3:18pm

by Wet_Boots

Sprinklers' normal trajectory is 25 degrees, so you should not have issues with a little slope.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 1:51pm

by Ocelaris

Thanks for that info, so what do you do if you have sprinklers at the bottom of a hill? In my case I probably have a 6' drop at the bottom right of the house, it's a little less on the left side, but still 4' drop. Should I just insert the sprinklers angled backwards a little so the top is perpendicular to the slop of the lawn?

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:33am

by Wet_Boots

No such thing as "high angle" rotors. In olden times, there were some brass nozzles that threw the water straight up, in order to fall back down and cover a strip of grass.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 7:38am

by Ocelaris

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a similar situation. What sprinklers have "high angle" nozzles? I see lots of sprinklers with low angle nozzles, but none with "high angle" nozzles?

I'm assuming the rotor has to be completely perpendicular to the ground, i.e. not angled...

Would you put check valves on the low rotors as well? Thanks!

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 3:44pm

by Roll Tide

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Low angle for the rotors a the top and maybe high angle for the bottom rotors. Wanted to make sure though. Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Steve

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 11:40am

by Wet_Boots

Use heads with a low trajectory angle. Rainbird 5000 series rotors include some low-angle nozzles.

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 9:50am

by Roll Tide

Yard with quick elavtion change

Hi,
The house down the street from me sits about 35' from the street.
It is just your normal rectangle shaped yard but it slopes from the
street down to the house. I'm guessing the elevation change is about 6'
with most of that change being closest to the street. Yeah! Pretty
steep! Would you use a rotor as usual? It seems that any rotors at the
top would have a very high arch when pointing down hill and then the
lower rotors would have a very low arch when pointing up hill. What
would you do in a case like this?

Thanks for any advice,
Steve