You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, September 27th 2005, 7:30am

Author: Needalittlehelp

Novice DIY'er

True bubblers. They are supposed to emit a "mushroom" looking stream. But with only four in a zone, water barely trickles out. Your remark about the flaws of using my garden hose is exactly what I was questioning. The zones were designed by DIY Online for 10 GPM. Before moving ahead, I wanted to question how accurate the design is and I appreciate you pointing out that the garden hose test will not give an accurate portrayal of actual performance.

Saturday, September 24th 2005, 9:20am

Novice DIY'er

Thanks Mark: I am running 1 inch lines throughout. Initial pressure was measured at 10 GPM at 40 PSI. On two of the zones I've tried out, I'm running 4 of the Orbit Voyager II Heads and then 1 zone of just shrub bubblers. Oddly enough, its the zone of shrub bubblers that I've had the most trouble with. I'll check out the links and do some math and make some adjustments. This all started as I was just "playing around" and stuck the hose on one zone just for a look. Thanks again.

Friday, September 23rd 2005, 4:05pm

Novice DIY'er

<font face="Arial">I've had a manufacturer draw up a plan for my irrigation system and am building it now. I am "dry fitting" all of my zones, heads, etc. just to test the layout before cementing everything. Now for the beginner level question. I finished laying everything out for one of my completed manifolds and decided, just out of curiosity, how it might work. I hooked by water hose up where the valve would go and was very dissapointed in the output (water just trickled out of the shrub head...