You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Thursday, August 19th 2004, 6:50am

Author: jhickman

PGP Rotors - How many in zone?

Thx to all who assited me with this decision. I went ahead and stayed with the 1", put 3PGPs per zone for a total of two zones and voila, the backyard is now fully irrigated. I have a putting green in the backyard as well, right in the middle actually, so it's nice that the PGPs throw up, over, and on that as well the rest of the lawn. I might, just might add two PGJs in the middle left and right (see below) but I'm not sure if those are truly necessary, but then again, my head-to-head coverage ...

Wednesday, August 4th 2004, 10:07am

Thx! Being that I just buried the takeoff portion of my backyard run, I guess I'll just stick with 1". It seems rather odd to go from 1" out of the PVB, size up to 1.25 for 20ft, reduce to 1" for the valves and size up to 1.25 for the lateral runs to the sprinklers. I guess I should be able to find a nozzle or two that will work out of the 12, including the low angle nozzles. Do you think it would be worth it to go with 1.25 at least after the valve box? Let me know before I'm off to home depot ...

Wednesday, August 4th 2004, 5:55am

Also...do you think it would be ok to stay with the 1" poly I've been using and will I really see any improvements going to 1 1/4 with only 3 PGPs per zone?

Wednesday, August 4th 2004, 5:51am

Thx for the reply and advice Aquamatic! After doing a little more research, I'm probably down to about 13gpm or so when all is said and done, and in my front lawn I'm running 6 mini8s with about 25' being about the longest throw between them and they seem to work just fine. I just thought the PGPs would work even better if I split them up in the back into two zones allowing me to get longer, more consistent distances, up in the 47' range, whereas 41' is about the longest I have. I just wanted so...

Tuesday, August 3rd 2004, 6:12pm

****o, just a quick question about whether or not 3 PGPs per zone is advisible with a 65psi/15gpm main line and a total of two zones. I need to get a maximum throw of about 40' in the corners to get head-to-head coverage. The area itself is about 42'x66', and the layout is something like this: x-----33-------x-------33------x - - - - 42' - - - - - x-------------x----------------x Thx!

Monday, July 26th 2004, 9:02pm

TORO - Mini 8 & Super 800

I have the mini8 and yes, the arc is adjustable. Nice rotor as well btw...just started using them a week or so ago.[]