You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, May 12th 2008, 1:12pm

Author: kellybig

Answers

Rainbird indicated they made an error and said that 3/4 inch elbows and tees is what should be used instead of 1 inch tees and elbows.

Saturday, May 10th 2008, 10:08am

Thanks Todd

I got all the other covered; I am finding the list to be vague at best regarding the pvc coupling; they suggest I use 1 inch tees and elbows in the valve box but fail to mention the purchase of 1 inch pvc to go in between tough for someone new who likes to follow things to the T; Since I am using 3/4 in pvc and 3/4 valves would it be ok to use 3/4 inch tees and elbows in the valve box or will it put too much pressure on the valves? Of course there is the rainbird hotline which is $10.00 per call...

Friday, May 9th 2008, 6:47am

Thanks

Thanks for the advice; Something is definitely not right; After looking at the rest of the plans it appears that I have parts on the shopping list they gave me that I will not even use: I will call them and ask them: it seems that if I just switch to 3/4 inch elbows and tees and use pvc cuttings vs the couplers everything will fit snug; not too tight or loose. They may have screwed up my list. I appreciate your response and will post what worked for other beginners who may run into this. Kelly.

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 9:30pm

Newbie here; PVC Question

I submitted a design to rainbird and purchased all of the parts and am starting to see how everything is going to fit together. I have never worked with PVC schedule 40 and notice on the pvc couplings that one end is loose and the other is very tight. The tight side of the coupler has a little bump on it where as the loose end does not. The loose end almost feels too loose while the tight end feels too tight. Is this normal? I am trying to follow the picture and use the PVC recommended. ( I have...