You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 3:31pm

Author: Frankiebee

My Dream Irrigation Design - need a bit of advice

Yep, went to the city engineering dept. and dashed all hopes of this "One-Zone" sprinkler system. Separate meter plus impact fee plus tap fee would have set me back $1500... all before even laying one irrigation pipe. I am now into my second reading of the irrigation tutorial and understanding more and more with every reading. And, after ya'lls superb comments, I have decided to go with a standard system plugged into the house supply before it gets to the house's PRV. The city says I have about ...

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 11:37am

Quoted from "grey" Grey said... "In short you want to find out your static pressure (at the outside bib for example), your flow rate, sizes of your water supply line, water meter. After some calculations you would get a value of dynamic pressure available for sprinklers. That pressure would determine maximum spacing of your sprinkler heads and what type of sprinklers to use, i.e. spray heads or rotors covering areas." Yeah, done that, got very miserable results for what I "want" because my stat...

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 2:14pm

Thanks Wetboots for the idea to look for better/best heads. At the Hunter website for those MP sprayers you mentioned I found the Mack-daddy head "The I-90" capable of throwing water out to a 90ft radius and made for "commercial" applications. Wonder if my neighbor two yards over would mind me watering his yard??? Our city water will take off the sewage charge on the bill for a meter installed for irrigation only, so a small savings there. My whole plan will hinge on the largest meter the city w...

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 6:56am

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" I've done systems like that, with mammoth overkill capabilities, and in my opinion, they are more praiseworthy in concept than in reality. Thanks. About how much more (A guesstamate in percentage) did it cost over a "run of the mill" system?

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 4:41pm

I have a medium size lawn and would like an irrigation system unlike any residential system known. I would like a "golf course style" system that uses the full available city water pressure (GPM and flow rate) to water my yard in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of zones (one zone for yard, one lateral drip zone for planters would be most desirable). I understand that pipe sizes and water meter will be larger and a bit more expensive. Lot description: Pie-slice shape on a reside...