You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 9:47am

Author: rkokoski

Valves to Poly Connect Question

I am installing a new sprinkler system as a DIY. I've been reading about (as well as studying and asking questions) for months now so I'm going to give it a try. I live in the Maryland area and the gist of what I hear is: 1. Use Poly piping vs. PVC because of the cold weather 2. Use 1'' vs. 3/4'' with 48psi at 8gpm since I have to 300ft runs and want want to add additional friction 3. Use funny pipe & barb connections to hook up heads (Rainbird 5004) So here are my remaining questions 1. What is...

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 5:11am

New Install Need Expert Advice

OK, this can be long but I have some hopefully simple questions in order for me to finish my design. I am installing a new system in the Maryland area covering about 1 acre. I have my design pretty much finished but some simple questions. 1. In Maryland am I better off using PVC piping vs. Poly? I would think Poly is easier to install because of the flexibility but the PVC is stronger. 2. Should I be using ¾’’ or 1’’ for my piping of main lines and lateral lines? With my pressure (45 PSI) and ma...

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 4:49am

New Install Need Expert Advice

<font face="Arial Black">OK, this can be long but I have some hopefully simple questions in order for me to finish my design. I am installing a new system in the Maryland area covering about 1 acre. I have my design pretty much finished but some simple questions. 1. In Maryland am I better off using PVC piping vs. Poly? I would think Poly is easier to install because of the flexibility but the PVC is stronger. 2. Should I be using ¾’’ or 1’’ for my piping of main lines and lateral lines? With my...