Search results 1-6 of 6.

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 10:28pm

Author: coghij1

To run from 1/2" copper or not

Cool thanks for all your help

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 9:47am

Quoted from "coghij1" Sounds great. I have 50 psi and about 8 gpm. Should I step down the pressure to 30-35 psi or will 50 psi be just fine for the rotator heads you mentioned? Scratch that. I just realized there are sprinkler bodies that do that!

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 11:55pm

Sounds great. I have 50 psi and about 8 gpm. Should I step down the pressure to 30-35 psi or will 50 psi be just fine for the rotator heads you mentioned?

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 1:33am

Thanks. So if run from the main like as what is recommended, should I switch to spray heads instead of rotating heads? The grass will be a rectangle 45'x16' so would I be able to find spray heads that reach 16' or would I have to put down another line in the middle and run the sprayers in 8' patterns? It would be tricky because the 45' length can't be easily divided into 8' sections so there would be a lot of overlap.

Monday, April 25th 2011, 6:32am

FYI, The area I want to sprinkler and sod is 45'x16'.

Monday, April 25th 2011, 6:21am

Ok, for starters I have a small backyard and I am planning on putting in about 720 sq ft of sod and a sprinker system to cover that same area. I have a hose bib conveniently located in my backyard running off the half inch copper lines from within my house. On the other hand I can tap into the main on the opposite side of the house but I would have to run a line under the sidewalk and I would rather not deal with that. I just don't see a problem with using the half in copper from the house if I ...