You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 11:55pm

Author: CPFox

Sprinkler System NOT Working/Spraying

Sam, Normally, unless you are pretty sure of where the problem lies the best troubleshooting procedure is to start at the water source and work your way to the heads. Because your house is of modern construction, I would say the city tap is ok because that kind of corrosion takes years (or decades) to develop. Brass shutoff gate valve stems will also sometimes break off and the partially to fully-closed gate will shut down the water supply. I see that you already have a corroded gate valve and I...

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 11:31pm

POPUP IMPACTS VERSUS ROTORS

I vote rotors for distribution efficiency. A well designed rotor (which includes about all made today) will spray close in to themselves too - Toro MultiStream and MP Rotators are good examples. You can also add the advantage of rotor's quiet operation and low precip-rates for little to no runoff as bonuses. In my very humble opinion, impacts were state of the art decades ago - before such things as water rationing and efficiency were even heard of. All the lab tests prove without a doubt that r...

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 8:57pm

Sprinkler System NOT Working/Spraying

Sam, I would troubleshoot the entire system from the water source all the way to the zone heads. If the system is hooked-up to a municipal water system, I would call the city and have it flow checked at the meter for starters. This is a strange but true story of what happened to me several years ago: I installed a system for a customer and designed the entire system with a hydraulic software program I built for computing PSI, water velocity, etc (before the days you could commercially buy a soft...

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 8:00pm

MP Rotator

Try this link and click the map where you live. You should be able to find a source nearby that carries the Rotators: http://www.mprotator.com/whereToBuy/distributors_flat.html If you can't find a dealer nearby, I would contact the company at this site: http://www.mprotator.com/contact/contact.html I'd be willing to bet they would UPS/FedEx/USPS what you needed

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 11:32am

MP Rotator

Yes, and I highly recommend them. I retrofitted 3 zones on a 10-yr old Toro 570P system to all MP Rotators about 18 months ago. System efficiency went from about 50% to 85% and the turf has never looked better. All the dead-spots disappeared and coverage is excellent. The only negative (a very minor one) is that some of the Rotators seem to be turning a little slower than when they were new, but they still get the job done. One tip: think about using a pressure-compensating sprayhead (~30psi at ...