You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 6:13pm

Author: City_Slicker

Maxi-Pawl Heads

Got the system in and wrote the final check tonight. He used to 5000's with the rain curtain nozzles and it worked out great. Got 7 zones and head to head coverage. He did a great job and it works like a charm. Turns out I had more water pressure than I thought I did. Just backed off the heads per zone and they all throw fine. I would have had those loud maxi-pawls all the neighbors have if I hadnt stumbled in here and stuck to my guns with him on what I wanted. Thanks for all the info guys!!

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 6:09pm

Getting bid in writing Monday. What to look for?

Got the system in and wrote the final check tonight. He used to 5000's with the rain curtain nozzles and it worked out great. Got 7 zones and head to head coverage. He did a great job and it works like a charm. Turns out I had more water pressure than I thought I did. Just backed off the heads per zone and they all throw fine. I would have had those loud maxi-pawls all the neighbors have if I hadnt stumbled in here and stuck to my guns with him on what I wanted. Thanks for all the info guys!!

Friday, April 29th 2005, 5:28pm

OK, he is putting in the 5400's. Said he would try them and if they didnt work off the pressure I had he would switch them out. What he says is totally opposite of what I read here. He sas the maxipawls are made for low pressure. Told him to just split into more zones.I think he is getting irritated with me but said the price remained the same. Paid him his up from 1/2 today and signed the contract, now what do I watch for to make sure it is done right before he gets the other 1/2 other than it ...

Saturday, April 23rd 2005, 5:36am

Maxi-Pawl Heads

OK now I am really confused. Met with the guy and he said that the maxipaw was best for low pressure systems. Showed me how much harder it was to get the head to "pop up" on a 5004 with a screwdriver pushing from the bottom. Told him I wanted the 5000 plus and he pulled out what he called the 5004 and said it was the same thing. He is putting it in next week. Where can I get some more information? Should I talk to rainbird directly? Said he would put in the 5004 if thats what I wanted but would ...

Saturday, April 23rd 2005, 5:33am

OK now I am really confused. Met with the guy and he said that the maxipaw was best for low pressure systems. Showed me how much harder it was to get the head to "pop up" with a screwdriver pushing from the bottom. Told him I wanted the 5000 plus and he pulled out what he called the 5004 and said it was the same thing. He is putting it in next week. Where can I get some more information? Should I talk to rainbird directly?

Thursday, March 31st 2005, 4:51pm

FIRST POST, FIRST SPRINKLER SYSTEM! Having a guy bid me a sprinkler on Monday. He actually gave me a verbal price and said it will be in writing Monday and I can sign his "contract". He said I pay 1/2 now for materials and 1/2 upon completion with a one year warranty. I visited with him yesterday and the price is right. Went over and looked at another system of his and he uses Rainbird Maxi-Pawl rotors. I have not seen these recommended on here. Whats the difference between these and the 5000's ...

Thursday, March 31st 2005, 4:40pm

Maxi-Pawl Heads

Having a guy bid me a sprinkler on Monday. I visited with him yesterday and the price is right. Went over and looked at another system of his and he uses Rainbird Maxi-Pawl rotors. I have not seen these recommended on here. Whats the difference between these and the 5000's I have seen recommended?