You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, August 15th 2023, 2:26pm

Author: GLB55

Valve turns on with random voltage events

No I didn't unplug it. It's an old 6 zone Orbit controller, not expandable. I don't see how it can be a controller issue. Controller is on the opposite side of the house as where the A/C unit had a spark event. Section #5 is the only section that came on during both electrical events. The first time it happened I completely took the wires off the controller, both common and the zone wire for that section. Turned the water off, turned it back on a day later and it section still ran when water cam...

Monday, August 14th 2023, 1:37pm

Water is turned back on and everything is operating normally. It is very strange. A/C unit is on the right side of the house, valve in the front, the controller in the garage on the far left corner of the house. The controller was set to "off". I was standing with the A/C guy at the A/C unit when he threw sparks, the sprinkler system immediately came on. I rushed to the controller to verify it was off which it was, the only way to shut off the valve was to turn off the water at the double check ...

Friday, August 11th 2023, 2:58pm

This has now occured twice. While outside there was a lightning strike in the neighborhood, not sure how close but instantly a valve turned on. I couldn't stop it at the controller. Had to turn the water off to the sprinkler system. Turning the water back on a few days later it would still be open. After a few weeks I was able to turn the water on and the valve worked normal again. Today I had an A/C guy out and he accidentally shorted out something at the a/c unit, not even near the sprinkler v...