You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 11:26am

Author: Mikes166

New Rainbird ASVF Valves - Backflow Issue

Thanks for the feedback, WetBoots. Your point is well taken. If my 'eye-balling' of elevation is indeed off (which it certainly could be), should raising the valve elevation appropriately reduce or eliminate most of the back pressure on the valves? I ask because the amount of water being pushed back through the valve when I turn it off is not insignificant (strictly my perspective, since it is inside a shed with a concrete floor). It just seems a bit odd that 3 of the 7 valves appear to work jus...

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 3:23pm

Author: Mikes166

New Rainbird ASVF Valves - Backflow Issue

Hello - I just revamped my entire irrigation system to move the valve manifold and controller into a new shed I built. I have installed 7 new Rainbird 1" DAS-100 ASVF valves in the system, and have been testing them manually prior to connecting a controller. The valves work fine in term of opening and closing, and water flow. However, several of them, when manually turned off (using the solenoid bleed control), have water flowing out of them. Others do not exhibit this issue. I'm assuming that t...