You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 5:51am

Author: scorpion

Plowing technique

What technique do you use to plow irrigation pipe to install your insert tees. This is a broad scenario so lets say the lateral will be installed along a straight line containing 4 or 5 heads. Do you: (1) Plow to each head cutting the pipe and restarting the plow to the next head. You can then install      the insert tees from the two lose pipe connections at each location, except at the ends. (2) Plow one continuous line and cut your line (poly cutter) at each location ...

Wednesday, November 2nd 2005, 3:09am

Wind factor

Interesting. So I should design my rotors using nozzles that have a minimum flow of 1.5 gpm to compensate for the wind in my area. Thanks for the input Wet Boots. I'll keep that in mind.

Monday, October 31st 2005, 4:38pm

Wind factor

Thanks for the response jcruce13. Is it really that simple? Hunter's website even suggest adjusting the rotor for local conditions because their nozzle charts are based on zero wind. I just find it hard to believe that you only make adjustments in windy climates. The streams coming from these rotors to go 30' are thin. The nozzle I spoke of before has a flow rate of .8 gpm, which is less output than my shower head. I would think a wind speed of 5mph would affect these streams easily. Low angle n...

Saturday, October 29th 2005, 7:39am

Wind factor

I'm in the design phase and I want to make sure I can account for the unknowns. How much wind does one account for in designing a sprinkler system? I'm reading the PGP nozzle performance chart and it documents for example on nozzle 2 at 40psi the max throw distance is 30 feet. This obviously needs to be adjusted to account for wind but the question is how much. For example if the wind is not exceeding 5mph do you find the nozzle that throws the distance you need from the chart and grab the next ...