You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Thursday, May 19th 2022, 9:54pm

Author: mrfixit

Rainbird esp-me controller

I would put 1-5 on program A. Then 6-10 on program B. Go to 8:30 in this video to see how to go to program B. How to program

Monday, May 9th 2022, 12:25pm

Can i use the rainbird retro kit for Hunter sprinklers?

Hi, you'll have to swap out the whole sprinkler. The 1800 style threads aren't compatible with a Pro-Spray body. Hunter Pro-Spray. Easy enough to do.

Sunday, May 8th 2022, 9:37pm

Recommendations for a solar or battery controller

You have quite a list of things that you want the controller to do. Hunter makes a variety of controllers. Battery operated, solar, wifi, remotes. Controllers This one's a 6 station but it says the same model comes in a 12. XC Hybrid. If I was you, I'd contact a Hunter rep directly. Try Here. They might talk to you on the phone.

Sunday, May 8th 2022, 9:16pm

Valve(s) won't shut off

Did you get a bunch of debris in the valve which migrated to the other valves? I need a picture of the set up. Try disconnecting the common wires from the controller. Or just unplug it but make sure the back up battery is fresh. Did they turn off? Maybe turn the flow controls down a bit. Make sure the solenoids are snug. Make sure you didn't flip any lever that might be behind the solenoid.

Saturday, April 30th 2022, 2:34am

Zone loses pressure

Maybe there's debris inside of the valve blocking a port. Are you turning it on manually using a bleeder screw? Or by turning the solenoid? Or maybe a lever behind the solenoid? I'd take the valve apart. Look around for debris. Inspect the diaphragm. It might be the culprit as well. Maybe replace it. Depends on the model valve.

Friday, April 29th 2022, 12:44am

Upgrade controller

Doesn't the Bhive just plug into an outlet? You don't have to worry about about any transformer wires. They're already hooked up inside the controller. Just put the master valve wire from the old controller into the pump slot on the new controller. Isn't there a common wire as well for that? So hook that up along with the common wire which goes to the valves.

Saturday, April 23rd 2022, 8:57pm

Upgrade controller

I suspect that your cable goes to a remote control that the sprinkler guy carries on his truck. The harness is worth a few bucks. Are the wires connected to the terminals? 1 2 3 4 etc... Hunter makes a variety of controllers that can be operated remotely. Here are some wifi models. Hunter wifi Hunter also makes a remote control that you can use on some of their models if you don't want to use your phone/computer. Now that I think about it. The wires might not be hooked up to terminals but to num...

Saturday, April 16th 2022, 5:09pm

Hunter (I think) valve not fully closing?

I fixed your picture. That valve is super easy to rebuild. It's also relatively inexpensive. I'd buy a whole new valve, swap out all the parts. See if that fixes it. Look at the seat to make sure there aren't any pits or cracks. Maybe buy a valve with a flow control. Hunter PGV I've seen that solenoid have problems also causing a leak.

Tuesday, April 12th 2022, 8:02pm

Rotary Nozzle Needs "adjustment" before working

So the sprinklers used to work with 8 spray heads? Then it stopped working because of low pressure? Where are you getting your water from? A well? City water? Or? What happened that the pressure has been reduced? Is there a filter? Is it through a pressure regulator? Is there a valve not turned on all the way? Sometimes the street meter valve is only on part way. I'm totally frustrated for you. I wish I could look at it. I would never ever ever ever make one of my customers wait like that. Espec...

Thursday, April 7th 2022, 7:31pm

New driveway over existing zone.. is it ok to bury the valve?

I wouldn't recommend burying it in concrete. Why cause a potential nightmare scenario in the future? It could leak under there for months before you discovered it. How hard is it to cap it off? Maybe turn it into a faucet unless you're on a master valve. You can have a hose bib near your RV. The contractor doesn't want to be bothered with it. He probably doesn't have the tools or parts. Maybe you should hire a sprinkler guy to do the work. You don't have to go back to the main line to cap it. Pr...

Monday, April 4th 2022, 10:25pm

Manually opening master & zone = nothing

Do you know which model valve it is? In some valves, the diaphragm will fall apart. Sometimes you hear what you think is water flowing but it's not. Maybe take the top off of the valve n see. Or if there's a broken pipe, you might have to let it run for a long time to find it. I had one show itself 75 feet away out of the neighbors driveway. Is the pipe going under cement? I've seen the water travel 50 feet down a gopher hole before showing itself. So keep looking.

Wednesday, March 30th 2022, 10:30am

do I have a bad sprinkler wire, valve or controller?

So the two valves have their own wires. Are there only 3 wires? Or is there a spare? Since both valves have the same reading, I suspect the common wire. If the wires were cut, the reading would be infinity. Try this, go out to the valves, disconnect all the wires from the valves. Now splice them all together. Go back to the controller to read the ohms on each wire. Check the two hot wires together to see if they're both good. You might narrow it down to just one bad wire. I don't remember what t...

Sunday, March 27th 2022, 12:08pm

Water Ball question.

I believe that you're talking about "laminar water flow". I watched Youtube videos on the subject once. Good luck with your project!

Friday, March 18th 2022, 1:14am

How to locate valve boxes

Using a wire tracer is a one man job. It sounds like there's a loose connection somewhere. As long as there aren't any splices between the controller and the box, then the problem is most likely in the box. It could be a loose common wire at the controller also. But since you've read zero with an ohm meter then it's not that. The valves are together in a box? Or are they individual boxes? If the guy didn't have access to a wire tracer then he's not really a pro. You can rent one and do it yourse...

Thursday, March 17th 2022, 12:31pm

Intermittent working valves

When you say last three, are they 7,8,9 on the controller? If so, maybe number 6 is sticking on so it's still running while the last three are trying to run? When you said that you tried it manually, are you manually opening the bleeder screw at the valves? Or are you turning it on with the controller? Is there a module involved? The problem you're describing is usually a 1 valve issue. Having all three means there's most likely 1 problem. Replacing the valves might not fix the problem. Do you h...

Saturday, March 12th 2022, 12:55am

Simple design question (I think) :)

I don't think you're over worrying. Especially if you've had multiple problems. You've talked me into it. Let's fix what we can now. Go ahead and do whatever you want to it. You wont break anything.

Thursday, March 10th 2022, 10:26pm

In the first diagram they've either abandon sprinklers or they left the extra pipe for future use. The white pipe is either an addition or a repair. It's up to you what you want to do with it. If things are working ok, then just leaving it alone is an option. Just take note of where the pipes are. If you decide to cut the pipe, maybe turn the water on to decide which is the inlet. It doesn't really make a difference with your 2nd diagram which it is because you don't plan on abandoning it. But, ...

Tuesday, March 8th 2022, 7:00pm

Go to imgbb.com Start uploading Do not click on auto delete. Now upload the pic. Under embedded codes, you want, BBCode thumbnail link. Copy n past the link to your post. The pic should appear.

Friday, March 4th 2022, 7:49pm

position of zone control valves?

You want the solenoid in the OFF position. That would be snug clockwise. If you turn the solenoid to the ON position, the valve opens and the sprinklers should come on.