You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Tuesday, September 27th 2022, 11:10pm

Author: mrfixit

Older Rainbird Valve Help

Ok I'm back. They way your question is worded got me thinking. Gusher? Where is it gushing? If it's coming out of the anti-syphon cap, then those are the parts that need repair as well. That plastic ring that's cracked? It might not have been cracked before you unscrewed it. I've seen them crack on more than one occasion just from unscrewing it. Anywho. I don't know if the cap from the Irritrol 311-A will fit. But it just might. Plus look at the price. You get the adapter and the cap. The 311-A ...

Tuesday, September 27th 2022, 3:03pm

Rainbird Valve Runs Every time Each Zone Runs

There's still a problem with zone 7. Try this, disconnect the wire from number 7 then turn on number 7 with the controller. It came on yes? It came on because the master valve opened up but number 7 is on mechanically not electrically. Is the solenoid snug clockwise? Is it possible that you've repaired the wrong valve? Seen it done a few times. I did it myself a couple of times. To error is human.

Monday, September 26th 2022, 10:28pm

All of a sudden - both zone are running at the same time

Yep you're an idiot. Do you have another question? haha Sorry about that. I couldn't resist. Maybe I'll be canceled. lol Try this, disconnect the number 4 wire from the controller. Now turn on number 3. Are they both on? Or just one? If they're both on, it's a wiring problem. There are two bare wires touching each other. Could be in the box or anywhere where the wires are exposed. Weed eaters, sunlight, animals will cause the casing to come off. Only 1 comes on now? Then it's the controller tell...

Monday, September 26th 2022, 10:23pm

Older Rainbird Valve Help

You might find some old stock on Ebay. But nobody sells that anymore I do have a solution for you though. The Irritrol 300 will screw right on there. I've done it a few times. The 300 is much wider so you need to make sure there's space to screw it on. From the looks of your picture, I believe that you shouldn't have a problem Make sure you get the 1" The price that Site-One charges home owners is outrageous. I pay hmm 35 at Ewing. Find a sprinkler supply store. Ewing, John Deere, Site-One. One ...

Monday, September 26th 2022, 3:34am

Drip tube to PVC ptpe.

Go for it and see what happens. Is there a pressure reducer on the drip line that needs to be uninstalled? Both pipes are inner diameter of 1/2". The drip might even be 5/8". You're basically asking for advice on jerry rigging your sprinkler system. What do I care? lol I don't know how old the drip is. If it's old, there might be a problem with it splitting. I've seen almost every configuration from home owners. Most of their contraptions work. It's not like the city will come to inspect it. May...

Thursday, September 22nd 2022, 12:02am

Hunter Pro-C Residential Controller

Is there a rain sensor or something installed? Go out to the valves and see if there's water and power there. One of the two isn't working. DC? What's a DC? Is there a master valve? See if there's water n power there if so.

Saturday, September 17th 2022, 2:11pm

Valve or solenoid problem ?

Do you know what model valve it is? I have found that when someone says, " I have a rainbird system", they're referring to the controller. The valves might be something different. But you did buy a solenoid so it probably is a rainbird. Even still I need to know the model. You're sure that the valve is getting power from the controller? Is there a valve right next to it? At this point in time I'm suspecting the diaphragm or a clogged port. I would take the bonnet off. Inspect the ports. Install ...

Monday, August 22nd 2022, 2:42pm

Old brass Champion valves

I would convert the brass manual valves to electric. No digging or cutting of pipes. There are two converters that you'll want to consider. Don't do Orbit. Look into these two. Irritrol 2623DPR-1 or Irritrol 300-1. Consider how close together your existing valves are to make sure the adapters will fit. The black one is wider than the grey one. You'll most likely need new float kits for each valve as well. Make sure they're 1". Where you buy the adapters will/should have them. Go to Ewing, John D...

Monday, August 22nd 2022, 12:51am

General valve question

Ok, don't go insane yet. Was the water coming out of the sprinkler before you unscrewed it? I'm not sure what black pipe you're talking about. Is it a swing joint? Funny pipe? Poly pipe? Could it just be low head drainage? Turn the valve on that you changed manually via the bleeder screw or by turning the solenoid counter clockwise if it's designed to do so. Does it turn on the problem area? Maybe you can post a picture of the pipe. Go to Imgbb.com click on "start uploading". Choose a pic. Don't...

Saturday, August 20th 2022, 5:55am

Strip Irrigation nozzle

That sounds like a Toro nozzle. Is it black and orange? I've never had good luck with those tiny spray nozzles. You can take that rubber thing out with the tiny hole in it for a tad better spray. But they don't work that great. Hunter has a fixed 6 footer that sprays amazingly well. Not adjustable. Maybe buy one 4 footer Hunter and one 6 footer just to see what they do. Go to a sprinkler supply house. Ewing, John Deere, Site-One.

Thursday, August 18th 2022, 11:44pm

Hunter PGP Ultra not rotating

Are the sprinklers full of debris? You said that you moved one of the bad sprinkler to a zone that works. And that there was no change yes? And you moved a good sprinkler to the bad zone and it worked? Unscrew the innards of one. Is it clean inside? No debris behind the nozzle either? I wouldn't switch to Hunter rotators. If you want that type of nozzle, go with the RainBird brand. Some people swear by the Hunter rotators. I'm not one of them. But I do love the Hunter PGP's.

Wednesday, August 17th 2022, 8:53pm

Hunter PGP Ultra not rotating

Either the valve isn't working properly or there's a breach in the pipe somewhere. Could be that the flow control on the valve is turned down too low. Sometimes a PGP gets broken off. Go around to each head, look for puddling. Actually there could be puddling anywhere from a broken pipe. Let it run for a long time to see if you can find one. Do this first. Try turning the valve on with the bleeder screw. Did they come on full force? If so, the valve needs repair. It could be the valve either way...

Tuesday, August 16th 2022, 5:24pm

Is there a replacement diaphragm for this Hardie valve?

Hopefully you ordered the 700B 3/4". I'm assuming that you did. Yes the old solenoid will work. No the dry splices aren't really reusable. You can just cut the wires then splice them back together if need be. I use Dryconn waterproof wire connectors.

Sunday, August 14th 2022, 5:39pm

Valves

Most controllers can easily run two valves at one time. Give it a go.

Friday, August 12th 2022, 7:00pm

Index valve with 1.25" pipes to inline valve conversion.

Are the lateral lines also 1 1/4? Or are they reduced down to 1" after the indexing valve? I know that it's ok to reduce the size of the valve in some cases. As long as you're getting enough flow to run the sprinklers. Or not creating water hammer because the demand is too great for the valve. But I'm not going to tell you to go for it then have there be a problem. That's up to you to figure. If you want to spend the money. 1 1/4" valve. Ignore that pricing. You can find them for less. You could...

Monday, August 8th 2022, 2:41pm

Need Help with Superior Controls Value

The valve will work just fine without the prongs. It's probably called a seat washer or seat guide. I've never seen a new one sold by itself. You could just buy the whole thing. Is that a 3/4"? I've seen the prongs broken off a few times. The valve doesn't have a problem without them. Look at this picture. No prongs. I don't know if this link's pricing is right It seems a bit suspicious. Good luck!

Sunday, August 7th 2022, 9:51pm

Intermatic R8806P101C Sprinkler-Irrigation Timer with 14-Day Skipper

Unless there's a valid reason for going to the expense of upgrading, I'd just replace the timer. 75 bucks? You could have pro come out. I can't help you from here. That might cost you more than 75 bucks. Or free. Depends on the guy. I don't charge to look.

Friday, July 29th 2022, 7:43am

Ok I'm back. I believe that the diaphragm will fit. It's the metal part that doesn't fit. And I'm not saying that it's impossible to replace the parts. It's just very difficult. I've been successful a few times. It's just getting that spring in there with that big black thing balancing on top of it that's the problem. Then the diaphragm has that skinny groove around the outside of it that has to fit just so or it leaks. Good luck!

Friday, July 29th 2022, 1:26am

What you have pictured there is the hardest valve to rebuild. For me anyway. The last time I tried, I gave up after an hour. Gravity totally works against you. I just replaced the valve and pretended the whole thing never happened. lol The 1" I can do. The 3/4", not so much. You're correct on the new parts looking different. They will NOT fit the old valve. You can try a local parts store such as, Ewing, Site-One or John Deere. I don't know if you can still get the old kit. Maybe find a Hardy ca...

Wednesday, July 27th 2022, 10:05am

Soccer park circles

It could be that one of the sprinklers is almost broken off so none of the sprinkler can pop up to seal properly. Maybe there's a break in the line somewhere. It could be that the valve isn't coming on all the way. Maybe the seals are worn out. Just replace the sprinkler. Hunter does have some seals. You need to know what model of sprinkler that you have. I've never done that. I just replace the sprinkler. But if there's a breach in the line somewhere, it can give the illusion that the seals are...