You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Friday, November 8th 2019, 12:57pm

Author: mrfixit

Controller runs, display works normal,but no sprinkliong

Nope, not a dumb question. Connect one lead to the common and one to a numbered station's wire. Disconnect them both from the controller first. What's the reading? link. Or go to Youtube. Plenty of videos on how to do it. Is the water on? Turn a valve on manually to verify. Double check your connection at the controller of the common wire. Maybe redo it. The wire could be broken without you knowing it. I've seen it where the casing of the wire was keeping the connection from being made as well. ...

Friday, November 8th 2019, 3:20am

Controller runs, display works normal,but no sprinkliong

My first thought when I read that you've taken out the rain sensor is that it's the common wire. Double check to see if the wire you hooked up is the actual wire which goes to the valves. What about doing a continuity test on the common wire? Is there an unused wire at the controller that you could use as the common wire if you can't figure it?

Thursday, October 31st 2019, 3:01am

Water Hammer while turning Sprinkler Valve On (Zone 1 & 2 only)

Please don't give me credit for pointing you in the right direction. Pretty much everything you posted is wrong. That's not the flow control that's the bleeder screw. I don't have a clue where the sprinkler heads are placed or what kind they are. You don't want to use that pressure regulator. It's only 30 lbs. The shut off valve I'm referring to isn't at the meter. It's right there in your picture. Maybe hire a guy to help you out. Pay him to fix it or just advise you.

Monday, October 28th 2019, 3:08am

Water Hammer while turning Sprinkler Valve On (Zone 1 & 2 only)

The spray is misting like crazy. I don't think you've measured the street pressure. Did you connect it to that faucet which is after the pressure regulator? Is there a place where you can test it that's before the regulator? I have an invention for that but you don't want to know about it. lol I've been using it over 20 years. You need to cut down on how much water is flowing through the pipes. Maybe adjust the flow control down on the valve. It can be difficult on the valve in your picture but ...

Thursday, October 3rd 2019, 2:41pm

Errant Zone Valve

I had a guy just this week with a similar story which didn't make sense. Turns out there was a pebble inside the valve keeping it from shutting off. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes it doesn't. I'd rebuild the valve and see if the problem goes away. When the valve is stuck on, is the controller sending it a signal? That seems impossible because only one of the two combined valves is on. That's why it doesn't seem possible that it just shuts off when you turn the controller off.

Monday, September 30th 2019, 10:13pm

Sprinkler Zone Not Functioning

Maybe one of the fittings came loose on your poly pipe. Maybe the tubing is bent or pinched by a root Do any digging where maybe it was cut? Look for leaks. Don't worry about the grunting sound. It's not going to hurt anything.

Monday, September 30th 2019, 1:50am

I had a feeling you'd be back. Are the seals leaking so the heads can't pop up? I'd change any leaky sprinklers. Possibly do what I suggested before. The noise that Rainbird valves make are the reason I don't install them. Is it a grunting sound? Yeah, It's obnoxious.

Saturday, September 21st 2019, 9:45pm

Yes, I believe if you bought a new valve and swapped out all the parts it should function as new. Just make sure any ports in the valve body free from debris.

Saturday, September 21st 2019, 4:06pm

Ok forget what I said. It's the valve. A new diaphragm would fix you up or install another valve. I don't know which valve you have to suggest which option.

Friday, September 20th 2019, 4:40pm

You might want to try using nozzles that use less water. That in effect would be similar to removing a sprinkler. Maybe install Hunter PGJ's. It's a smaller rotor and should pop up easier. Just cleaning a valve wont do much. Maybe swap it out for a better one.

Thursday, August 29th 2019, 12:44am

Hunter or ?

Using a stainless steel rotor would be better for sandy soils. The sprinkler will last longer and perform better.

Sunday, August 18th 2019, 10:06pm

Valve box filling with water

One thing I've learned over the years is that you can't assume anything. Installing new valves might not fix the flooding problem. You need to pinpoint that before you do anything. Turn the water off to the sprinkler system, let it dry up overnight. Now turn the water supply back on. Watch closely as to where the water's coming from. It might not leak until you turn a valve on. But wait and see if it's coming from the mainline or manifold. You can't assume you have waterproofed connections. Use ...

Thursday, August 15th 2019, 7:00pm

Sprinkler system design

What about something like a DIG battery operated ASV?

Tuesday, August 13th 2019, 12:40am

HEAD SCRATCHER

I've only had experience with two lightning strikes. The first one was my first year in business. I had to replace the controller and all of the solenoids. Everything worked after that. The second one was this year. It hit a palm tree and melted the drip line in the ground. Did you test for ohms? < Read that. 1/4 turn of a solenoid isn't always enough. Maybe the wiring's fried too. Hard to tell from here. Check the ohms at the controller and check the individual solenoids. Maybe buy one new sole...

Sunday, August 11th 2019, 3:03pm

Solenoid Help!!!

Unless the wires are broken off the solenoids are most likely not the problem. Changing diaphragms would be a better bet. Just installing new valves would be a good option. That way everything is new. But here are the solenoids at The Home Depot. Or at Sprinkler Warehouse. All three of your valves use the same solenoid.

Sunday, August 11th 2019, 1:36am

How to drop the height of spray heads? (They stick up above ground level.)

Lowering heads is a lot harder than raising them. You'll have to determine what's best for each head once you've dug it up. Personally I like to just put a shorter nipple in there if possible. Otherwise you're looking to use a swing joint. I recommend that you go with the Hunter brand swing joint. The 6" swing joint is usually just fine. I can't stand the Rain Bird swing joints. With the St. Augustines, you'll want the 4" pop up. That grass has a tendency to poof up. It'll get taller n taller. I...

Sunday, August 4th 2019, 1:29pm

Incredibly noisy, vibrating valve - any ideas?

It really does sound like a low flow problem. What happens when you open the bleeder screw? Are the flow controls turned down too low? Is there a pressure regulator on the sprinkler system? I've seen both ball and gate valves break in the off or near off position even though the handle's open all the way. My initial thinking is that the valve is bad but you said you swapped it for another. Ok, thought of something simple to try. Take the anti-syphon cap off, leave it off. Take the plunger out so...

Saturday, August 3rd 2019, 8:07pm

Can you upload a video of the sound? Maybe there's something stuck in the pipe below the adapter? Maybe take the adapter back off and flush it out. Is it a fast vibration? Is there a pressure reducer after the valve for like a drip line?

Saturday, August 3rd 2019, 2:04am

Rebuilding the manifold wont do anything. The problem's most likely electrical. Try switching the wires at the controller and see if the problem switches valves. If it does, then the controller's causing the noise. if it doesn't, I'd say the wiring's doing it. Is there a spare wire you can hook up to the middle valve? So, let's say those valves are 1 2 3 on the timer. Try swapping 1 and 2. See if the noise moves to another valve or stays in the middle. Maybe put the middle wire to an unused port...

Thursday, August 1st 2019, 11:27am

trying to resurrect a mess!

Since you know where the wires are you're going in the right direction. You need a wire locator. I'd start right where the wires are broken. Then once you've found the valves, repair the wires. You want them waterproof. Tape isn't going to cut it. Use Dryconn or grease caps. Or you could hook the wires back up and use a Chat-R-Box. I have this one among others. It's reasonably priced and works very well. It depends on the model of solenoid and how deep in the ground they are. If they're above gr...