You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Monday, June 3rd 2019, 11:45pm

Author: JadedMarxist

Fitting breaking

Yeah I'll have to check into that nylon plug, thanks. These plugs have been reused probably some 3 years. I've been wrenching on stuff my whole life, can't remember rthe last time I buggered up a nut or bolt. I've since been just putting in new plugs no floods since. Suck's that it happened on 2 systems with no master valve or real time monitoring fortunately the majority of our clients do. Cheers

Wednesday, May 29th 2019, 5:54pm

Fitting breaking

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpAZ7HNGudbHWxO5gbXWz47UMBU_dw4S/view?usp=drivesdk[/img] [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpAZ7HNGudbHWxO5gbXWz47UMBU_dw4S/view?usp=drivesdk[/img] Hello. I'm having a problem. Hope someone here can help me, this season during start up's, I've Run into a problem with the blow out combo tees. 2 of them have cracked. 1 pvc tee that was slip X slip X fpt and one that was barbed xbarbed X fpt. I've never had this problem before ever. I figured the first 1 th...

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 9:46pm

Watering One Acre

Have you considered maybe using pop up spray heads equipped with rotary nozzles for the smaller intricate patterns to water? You can mix spray heads with rotary nozzles and 5004 rotors in the same zone. Assuming you perciptation match nozzles. If you just want the rotors 5004s are very versatile. If you need more distance you could go to a 8000 series rotor. If you decide on the spray with rotary nozzle be sure to get the 1800 series PRS 45psi heads or PRS Sam heads to prevent lines draining thr...

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 9:36pm

rain device

My suggestion is to use one from the same manufacture of your automatic controller. If there is a convent place to mount it close to controller I'd use a wired one if it has to be far from controller use a wireless one. Just my opinion (wired is obviously cheaper)

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 9:14pm

Backflow Preventer question

One more thing L copper is used for indoor part of the plumbing. You will want to use k copper for outside plumbing and buried plumbing. Building codes restrict us from using l copper outside.

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 9:07pm

Backflow Preventer question

I would concur. I run pex thru the house for ease of installation. Them female adapter L copper thru the wall. And l copper to the backflow depending what style of backflow and your local regs. I try to stay away from pvb's as they are limited by highest head height and leak during start up. I usually just stick to dcva now for the best protection to our drinking water and basically any application. Those crappy cheap single check don't meet codes here no more. With the pex pipe it's great becau...

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 8:26pm

Hello all. Question about rainsensors

I get how it works. But should the rainbird rs not work with the hunter controller? There's a small chance the wr2 could be defective out of the box but I'd think unlikely. (mind you rainbird quality control seems kindaweak from what I can rememberfrom10yearsago) resetting the controller was one of the first things I tried. Maybe I could try to sell them monitoring also with anew lxc controller?Thanks appreciate the reply and I'll def read page 2. Even tho I read every page multiple times today....

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 7:09pm

Hello all. Question about rainsensors

Hello all. I'm new to the forums. Been in the irrigation field now about 10 years with a 10 year hiatus after 9. Anyways I've looked for an answer and can't find any info at all on this. Today I was starting up a system and tested the rs, it's a wireless hunter rain click. The reciever is wired to a hunter src + controller. Now the rs will not stop the program when its running, but the battery in the sensor shows its fine, the reciever shows communication. Double checked the wiring and still the...