You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Yesterday, 12:41pm

Author: mrfixit

Hunter Pop Up Shrub Head moves

The SRS was Hunter's lower end sprinkler. They stopped making it years ago. The ratcheting mechanism is worn out so the stem turns when it goes up and down. There's nothing you can do because they don't make the SRS anymore. Otherwise you could unscrew the innards, leaving the body in the ground and replacing them with new from another sprinkler. Even the Pro-Sprays have a tendency to wear out like this. I don't install Hunter pop ups unless I have to. You need to replace the whole sprinkler. It...

Wednesday, August 5th 2020, 11:25pm

Rainbird ESP modular tech added an extra zone?

You solved the problem by putting it to 0 minutes. It sounds like maybe he programmed 10 by accident. What model controller is it?

Wednesday, August 5th 2020, 11:20pm

Valve maintenance, check valves, anti-siphons and water pressure

I can't say that I've never done what you're asking. It's very effective at stopping massive amounts of back flow. I wont tell anybody if you wont. Use a spring loaded check valve. I use King brand. The Hunter you have picture does have a spring so you're good to go with that.

Wednesday, August 5th 2020, 1:36am

Valve maintenance, check valves, anti-siphons and water pressure

You can buy check valves for the PGP's. Just unscrew the innards of the sprinkler, take out the screen at the bottom, put in the check valve. The RainBird 1800's they don't make a check valve that you can just install that way that I know of. You'll need to buy SAM's. Then swap out the innards. Meaning unscrew the cap and pull the guts out of the sprinkler body, leaving the body in the ground. Or you can just install the whole new head. Fairly simple to do. They only have SAM's on 4" pop ups and...

Friday, July 31st 2020, 8:13pm

Zone very low pressure, valve or leak?

Are you sure those valves even have a water supply that's turned on? Seems like it would be flooding from where the valve is missing. Undo a couple of screws on the valve and see if it leaks. What happened when you took the solenoid off? Did you turn the water off?

Friday, July 31st 2020, 4:37am

Zone very low pressure, valve or leak?

I believe the parts from either one of these valves would work but good luck finding them. It's poly pipe so maybe the line is pinched by a tree root? You could aways cut the pipe or unscrew that barbed fitting then turn the valve on to see. If you're able to unscrew that barbed fitting, screw a male adapter in there with some pipe so you don't flood the hole. What's the deal with the port on the left? If you took the tops off of the valves there might be enough room to unscrew it but it sure is...

Wednesday, July 29th 2020, 3:39pm

Rainbird SST 900in; Varying run times for second/third/fourth watering times

Zone 1 on program A for 10 minutes. Zone 1 on program B for 5 minutes. Zone 1 on program C for 7 minutes. Each program will need it's own start time.

Wednesday, July 29th 2020, 1:01am

Seasonal adjustment wont hold

Maybe it's happening automatically via wifi? "Internet-based weather information is used to make daily adjustments to the irrigation schedule, saving up to 30% in water." Maybe reset the controller and put in a fresh 9v battery.

Sunday, July 26th 2020, 9:37pm

Replacement Heads

According to this chart, a PGP with a #4 nozzle is equivalent to the Toro 600 that came with a 1.3. The problem is this chart might be for the red nozzles. They come with blue now. Here's another chart showing red and blue specs. Check the nozzle size of your existing sprinkler or just figure out what you need for that area. No doubt a Rainbird rotor would do the same thing.

Sunday, July 26th 2020, 3:20am

Valve Identification

The parts will fit. Did the plunger and or spring fall out of the solenoid? Or did the plunger fall out and it got put in backwards? The pointy part goes upwards, not towards the valve.

Saturday, July 25th 2020, 5:03am

Irrigation Injector Hose-size Help?

I've been using flexible PVC most of my career. Works great on lateral lines. You could just cut it to length then glue on the fittings that you need. You'll need flex pvc glue if you go that route. Otherwise it'll eventually come off. I've installed it hundreds of times. The only time it eventually came apart was when I used the wrong glue. Or, you could use flex PVC and put barbed fittings into it. Maybe just make something out of a garden hose. I don't really know what exactly you're doing.fl...

Tuesday, July 21st 2020, 2:34am

Valve won't open manually, but opens when another valve does

Click on this https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1…xB7Ag-MZ1SZQNd9

Tuesday, July 21st 2020, 2:23am

Valve Identification

Ok, now that I see the other side of the valve, you only need a dual port valve. The tri-port has one on the bottom of the valve as well. Yours could still be a tri-port. Either one will work in your case. Strange that the metering pin isn't in that diagram. But that's your valve. From what I see in your pic, it would be a fairly easy job to install a whole new valve. Or, you could buy a new valve, swap out all the parts. Keep body in case the old one cracks.

Tuesday, July 21st 2020, 2:17am

Voltage drop

Sounded like the solenoid but you tried that already. A wire tracer/valve locator might find the problem. It's very difficult. You might be able to find the bundle of splices with it. an A-frame fault finder is the ticket. You'll need to hire a pro to use it. Or you can look at youtube videos. It can be simple or maybe not. Maybe follow the wires until you find the splices. No guarantee that's where the problem is though. Do any digging that may have nicked the wires?

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 9:28pm

Voltage drop

You've confused me a bit. Quite a bit. lol You say you get the same reading with the timer on or off. Then you contradict that statement saying the reading drops when it's on. Are you testing for Ohms or Volts? Ohms determines the condition of the wiring or solenoid. There should be no voltage reading with the controller off. Just as a possible time saver, try swapping solenoids with a valve that works. I've seen the wiring you've described on numerous occasions. People just use what they have s...

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 9:07pm

Valve Identification

That's a Toro 250 Easy to rebuild. Sometimes they crack on the bottom though then the whole valve needs replacing. You'll need to make sure it's a 1" or the pipe sizing and determine if it's a dual port or a tri-port valve. From the picture it looks like a tri-port but you'll need to make sure. It's the dual ports that crack.

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 4:58am

Something seems fishy. Are you 100% sure you know which valve does what area? If you disconnect the wire at the valve of number 2, will it still come on when 4 comes on?

Saturday, July 18th 2020, 3:42pm

Are you turning it on manually at the valve? Or with the controller? Is there a master valve? Sounds like the wiring's messed up. Like the number 2 valve is hooked together with the number 4 valve. Maybe the controller's messed up.

Saturday, July 18th 2020, 3:37pm

older model rainbird isa304

That controller is one of the most confusing controllers ever marketed. 4 station controllers are fairly inexpensive. Go get a different one. I know that isn't much help but I can't program it unless I'm standing in front of it. Here's a video. Might help. Click on me

Friday, July 17th 2020, 5:12am

Zone issue

It just occurred to me that the sprinkler seals might be worn out. Sometimes they seal and pop up, sometimes they don't.