You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Tuesday, June 16th 2020, 1:13pm

Author: jkduimstra

BackFlow Preventer Issue

Need some insight from the experts. My system has an issue that I need to get solved so I can enjoy and trust my system more. First off let me explain my path. My well generates 60psi, and delivers about 25gpm, using a Grunfos Continuous Pressure system. My feed comes off the well manifold at 1.25" then transitions up to 1.5" before it hits the PVB. (probably a dumb decision, but the 1.5" was to reuse a vacated hole in the side of my house). It stays at 1.5" until it reaches my two valve manifol...

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 10:44am

PBV leaking when zone starts up

Time to start thinking about this again. Re-reading your last post, I have the standard Grundfos 2 gallon tank connected to my well manifold. If I understand your statement on drawing water, are you saying that I can install say a 20 gallon pressure tank on the feed line to the irrigation system? Would that tank need to be before the PBV or after it? If it before, would a check valve be necessary to keep my house from drawing from this additional tank?

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 7:24am

Is there a device that I can install down stream of the PVB that would ensure that it never drops below 40? My assumption is that when the zone valve opens, the pipe beyond is empty enough to drop the pressure below that. Thanks for the responses.

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 7:28am

I have a continuous pressure setup on my well. The pressure would be 60 PSI when the zone valve opens. I don't know what it drops to. Is that the pressure switch you are referencing?

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 6:24am

I am not describing what happens when I am switching between zones, this happens when nothing has been used for a couple of days or more. I thought might be related to a pressure drop, but given the time that it happens I don't know what I could to prevent it?

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 3:33pm

I believe I have a Wilkins 720a backflow valve and it has sporadic issue. Quite often, when it turn on a zone, water will cascade from under the plastic bell housing cover. Sometimes it will stop on it's own, other times I have to turn the zone back off and it will recover. Then I start the zone again and it will most likely work as expected. I am wondering if I need to adjust the size of the pipe? I have a 1.25" feed off my well, then it jumps to 1.5" to pass through my house wall to the backfl...