You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 58.

Thursday, August 20th 2020, 8:02am

Author: EEto

Issues with Hunter Sprinkler NODE400 - program cycles thru and never shuts off

You should have “one” start time on prog. A , that being 8:00 am. The 4 zones will then run in sequence for the set time of each one. Then it will shut off and come on again on it’s next scheduled day

Wednesday, August 5th 2020, 10:49am

Valve won't open manually, but opens when another valve does

Dat, Glad to hear you finally resolved it. Sometimes you have to step back and think of the smallest of things that were done previously And of which you believe had no bearing on the situation. That very often is the answer to the problem. Especially since some of which Described was not making hydraulic sense. (Valve not coming on manually). I figured there was some missing info as to why your problem existed. Anyway, glad you found it and just as important, thanks for getting back and letting...

Friday, July 24th 2020, 6:46pm

Please, do let everyone who is following this thread know what the outcome is. We are curious to know

Tuesday, July 21st 2020, 5:44pm

Don’t really see anything telling in the photos. Any chance somewhere along the way during a field repair zone #2 got connected to #4? I assume you checked voltage at controller terminals and made sure there is no voltage bleed from one zone terminal to another Disconnect #4 wire at controller and try #2 Checked resistance/ohms on all field wires ( none of this answers why you can not manually open #2.???)

Monday, July 20th 2020, 3:34pm

See if you can resend your pictures in a different format. Was not able to open as originally sent. Have to think more about this

Monday, July 20th 2020, 12:31pm

Not to be a pain, but please clarify your last statement as to operating the same via manual or controller. FYI, if the exhaust port in the valve body is blocked the valve will not open. But you stated that it works fine when it comes on with zone #4. So the bottom part should be fine. Two zones coming on at the same time could indicate the two zone wires are touching, but that doesn't answer why #2 will not open manually. Something is amiss here.

Monday, July 20th 2020, 12:01pm

Ok, that kills my theory. It may be one of those where i'd have to see it to figure out. Something is missing in the information scenario. If a zone works hydraulically via the controller it should work hydraulically if manually opened with the bleed screw. Let us know if any new info pops up. Curious now as to what it is

Monday, July 20th 2020, 11:24am

So, when you opened #3 the water just went into the dirt/valve box. Just trying to wrap my head around what you have there. Things Are not making sense.

Monday, July 20th 2020, 10:20am

Just for jollies, open #3 manually and see what happens . That’s the one your not using yet

Monday, July 20th 2020, 10:16am

But your saying it works fine (#2) when #4 is on So back pressure shouldn’t be the issue. What happens when you open the bleed screw On #2 - does water shoot out from under the screw. Can you hear water running. Are all valves part of the same manifold. Was any work/ changes done within the manifold such as wiring etc.

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 8:38pm

#2 comes on and works fine when #4 comes on, but #2 will not open when you open its bleed screw. Is that what your saying? Im confused, you have a 4 zone controller but your going to "turn the unused zone into a drip system". It appears in your post that your already using all 4 zones.Am I missing something?

Sunday, June 30th 2019, 11:05am

Author: pass1

valve

by the time you purchase the individual parts for this old valve it will probably cost you more than if you just got a new valve except for the extra labor to cut out the old and replace with new. the Irritrol 2400 or 2500 series valves are both good choices.

Friday, June 28th 2019, 10:57pm

Solenoids appear to work, but won’t open when installed in valve

In your initial post, you said they were EV100 Rainbird valves. If so, they are pretty old valves going back to the late 80,s early 90’s. The newer version is the DV100. Which is it?

Saturday, March 16th 2019, 8:38am

Rainbird pushpin controller

If it’s a Rainbird RC controller, if I remember correctly they need a minimum Total run time otherwise it will recycle itself and run again. I think it’s 20 minutes. Solution, just put some time on an unused station. Try it

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 7:16pm

New meter PSI and GPM

Rainbird is correct in asking you for for the service line size, type and length. I don't think you understand that the service line generally is the line that goes from the street to the meter input side. This is all necessary in design calculations.Also, you can measure your static at a hose bib. Not necessary to make special meter modifications to do this. Why a 1" meter. What do you expect your flow to be?

Friday, October 19th 2018, 11:28pm

New meter PSI and GPM

You normally don't get to choose your service line size. Unless this is A home that is under construction

Friday, October 19th 2018, 11:24pm

New meter PSI and GPM

Knowing the size of the service line from the city to the home Is necessary so that you can determine how much flow you can Safely use. The length of the service line is also needed so that Pressure loss from the street to the house can be determined at Your expected flow rate

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 1:12pm

Have to open faucet for irrigation to run

Gohogs, So, What did you find out or do? Certainly would like to know the outcome.