You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Tuesday, September 28th 2004, 11:04am

Author: jpeter

Pumping out of a river

I was wondering what i would have to do to pump out of the river? I am going to be running a 2hp pump. Run 220 down to the pump from the house. From the Pump Start Relay I will run 220 Plus another wire. Where does that extra wire connect to? Is that my Master Vaulve wire? Or do I need 2 wires along with the 220? one for the Master Valve and one for the ground. What if my clock and the pump start relay are in the same room?

Wednesday, September 22nd 2004, 5:14am

Pumps

What is the difference between a centrifugal pump and a jet pump? Which is better and why?

Wednesday, September 22nd 2004, 5:08am

funny pipe

What is the reason be hind not going over 3'. I sometimes will run funnypipe inside my 1" and then pull out the 1" to save some digging putting on a tee. It donesn't seem to restrict the performance... Let me know if this is a big deal. jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:43am

low out put

I have to tell you that that is probabley not a good idea, and there is a reason for it. 1804's put out a lot of water in a short amount of time. The spary heads only need about 15 min to do the job. Rotors need at least 30 min to get proper coverage, double that if they are going 360 around. Now with both on the same line you are going to have to much water in one spot and not enough in another... What size nozzels does he have on the 1804?

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:26am

Need Help Choosing Correct Nozzle

With the 2.0 in the 5000, you should only have the heads 30ft apart and make sure that you are getting head to head coverage. With that 2 HP pump on a 1" line you probably can run 6 5000 on a line. I wouldn't go over that. One thing to add is that pressure is only a part of the equation, what tells you if you can run heads is GPM. Gallons per Min. Or you can bump up the times.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:19am

Rotors Multiple size zones

I put in RB, the only thing that i am not happy with is the 3500. Once you get them set they are alright but getting them set is suddenly becoming a bigger pain. I guess I can't give much of an opinion on which is the best because i have never used Hunter heads. I will say that the 5000 is a great head and have never had any problems with it.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:13am

Hunter vs Rainbird Sprayers

I use RB 1804 and every once in a while I will use a hunter nozzel. They seem to cover just as good as a RB nozzel. Don't know if you can go from a RB nozzel to a hunter head because i have never tried it.

Friday, September 17th 2004, 9:19am

How many valves will 18/7 Multi Strand run?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jpeter</i> <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i> <br />You can control 6 valves with 18/7 wire. You need to use one of the 7 wires as the ground (common) wire. That leaves you with 6 hot wires to use one per valve. The ground wire...

Friday, September 17th 2004, 8:59am

How many valves will 18/7 Multi Strand run?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i> <br />You can control 6 valves with 18/7 wire. You need to use one of the 7 wires as the ground (common) wire. That leaves you with 6 hot wires to use one per valve. The ground wire just goes from the controller to the closest valve then continues to the next valve and then the next until you reach the farthest valve. Anotherwords, one ground...

Friday, September 17th 2004, 8:47am

Air blowout for winter

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OregonRain</i> <br />Howdy- I am currently installing my system, and have a question on using air to blow out the water for winter. What sort of fitting should I use on the end of the riser which I'll hook the air hose up to? Can it just be a 3/4" threaded with a cap? Thanks dudes <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quo...

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:15am

Recommend me a replacement valve....

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i> <br />We use Hunter PGV and are very happy with them. We have also used Irritrol on higher end projects that require a more rugged valve <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I Have always used one of the cheaper rainbird valves; the DV. I haven't had to replace one yet and it is easy to install.

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:09am

sprinkler heads

With the amoutnt of gpm you are getting you will be able to run 6 Rain Bird 5000 Or a comparable hunter head. This should cut down on your zones. Make sure to use head to head coverage and space the 5000 about 29-30 feet apart.

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:04am

sprinkler heads

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David</i> <br />After measuring my yard I will need roughly 44 rotors and 15 sprays to do the job. I am installing a sprinkler system on 3 sides of my house and watering about 60 feet in depth on all 3 sides. My well head is on the side of my house so I think I may tap into the line there and run both ways to limit the water travel. My deep well is set...