You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Monday, January 10th 2005, 3:50pm

Author: in6095

Square and rectangle patterns

Tom Did you read his post? He does not want heads on the street side. We all understand that throwing from both sides is the "ideal" thing to do. Throwing from one side to the street is the next best thing! This is still better than using 9x18 cst’s

Monday, January 10th 2005, 3:35pm

Adjustable Heads

Toro 300 with 01 nozzle would work well. They are the same price as all the others. Toro also makes the Mini 800 this would be the same as rb3500

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 4:30pm

I guess you already posted this info. If it is 8' from street to walk. Use 10-H nozzle (10 feet radius- Half circle) spaced 8' on the sidewalk side throwing into the street. This will give you good coverage with out the risk of heads on the street side. If it measures 9' use a 10-h or 12-h. Spaced at 9'. This will spray a little water into the street, but will cover pretty well. Spray heads put out very high precip rate. As long as you are under 10' or less this will work fine.

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 4:20pm

how wide did you say the the area from street to side walk?

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 11:57am

Hammering as each zone starts up

If the hammer valve does not seem to fix the problem. More than likely the contractor who installed your system overloaded the zones (to many GPM per zone) Industry standard is water traveling 5 feet per second. Any time you demand more water than what the pipe is sized for, you get water traveling faster that 5 fps. Any thing over 7fps and high water psi will cause hammer when the zone turns on and off. The way you can prove this is the cause. Have a couple of kids stand on 30% of the heads on ...

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 8:22am

Zone problem

I would first check out the controller. When you turn on the controller to zone 1, check to see if you are getting 24 volts out of the 1st post. Also check the MV post for 24v if you have a Master valve. If not 24v you have a controller problem (move zone 1 wire to another post) Second, if you are getting 24v's at the controller. Check and see if you are getting 24v at the valve wires. If not you have a wire problem. If you are getting 24v at the wire, check the solenoid. You should get 30-60 oh...

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 8:12am

I am an irrigation designer and I recommend not using the square patterns, nothing can spray a square pattern. You end up getting a bowtie effect. You end up lacking water on the edges. I would recommend using half circle patterns. This will give you the best coverage possible. My rule of thumb is, if you are spraying more than 10 ft, you should have a double row. If it is under 10 single row is fine. Also, I would go with a Toro MPR nozzle. MPR stands for Matched Precipitation Rate. This will i...

Saturday, January 1st 2005, 8:38am

help needed: How to find a small leak

Do you have “hard” water out of the well? I will assume that the heads you are talking about are spray heads? Typically if you have a leak that is significant enough to cause loss of psi, you would be able to find it. I would check out the nozzles that are connected to your spray heads. They could be corroded or clogged. Try replacing one of the filters and nozzles to see if this helps. Only do one for now. Each nozzle will cost around $1.20-2.50 each. Good luck.

Saturday, January 1st 2005, 8:27am

HELP! Newbie here... Zone turned on by itself

1. Your sprinklers water supply is turned on????, if the temp is getting low your PVB (pressure vacuum breaker) needs to be drained ASAP!!!! 2. You need to find out if your system is “self draining” or “blow out” type. If you have self-draining, the only thing you will have to worry about is the PVB. This may be mounted on the house or in some type of meter pit box. If you have blow out type, you will have to call sprinkler contractor to have this blown out ASAP. Water in pipe can cause Major Da...

Saturday, January 1st 2005, 5:10am

Toro sprinkler heads

Toro still makes the s600. You could also go with the Toro s700, It is a little newer than the s600 and has the same specs for height and gpm. The same height will save you a little time by not changing out the riser.