You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 3:37am

Author: water miser

Toro Super 600 a list of problems Help needed

1 do you have a well? pump may be a submersible 2 could be dirt,broken pipe,system not designed correct 3 could be dirt or if water keeps comming out could be stuck valve,wiring issue,controller issue 4 broken pipe,not designed correctly 5 let the zones run and look for water bubbling up 6 if you get exact replacement heads you should be able to unscrew the old head from the body and screw the insides of the new head into the body of the old 7 yes but to do it correctly the new nozzle should mat...

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 5:07am

toro EL 6+ one zone keeps running

valve is stuck open,take it apart and clean it,if that dont work,rebuild it with replacement parts for that particular valve

Friday, April 17th 2009, 2:45am

Two zones come on when only one is suppose to.

if you remove all zone wires from the controller marking them so you can put them back correctly,make zone 2 call for watering if you have 24v on zone 2 and 5 terminals the controller is bad.with wires still removed(no power applied)check for continuity between zone 2 wire and zone 5 wire if you have continuity there is a short somewhere

Tuesday, November 7th 2006, 12:07pm

contractor certification

i work for a major corparation in nj that owns about 300 commercial bldgs,i'm in the bldings and grounds department a major part of my job was maintaining,repairing,alteration/additions to all the companies irrigation systems. to my understanding nobody has to be certified that i work with to do any irrigation work to my company's owned property. my question is,i have over 7 years doing irrigation work on my company's propery would that qualfiy me to take the contractors exam. i called the dep a...

Sunday, June 26th 2005, 3:25am

Pump Start Relay

has the system worked before?i would replace it with what the manufacturer of the pump suggest.also on the transformer which plugs into the wall has a va rating which stands for volt/amps.thats the maximum amout of volt/amps the 24v side of the system can have.to determine the volt/amps of the system requires some skill with a meter.if the system has worked before,then all of a sudden not worked ,i would ohm out the relay coil and solinoid coils. when the controller calls for a zone to be on doe...

Wednesday, June 1st 2005, 2:08pm

Wire Size - Long Runs

i agree 14 ga. wire should be good.but there is alot of variables involved to proper wire sizing.

Tuesday, May 31st 2005, 4:21pm

low pressure 2 zones

i can not stand contractors that don't stand behind their work.i think your getting the run around because he has no clue about irrigation!sounds like one of the many hacks running around that call them selves professionals!you can buy a pressure gauge from home depot screw it on to an out side faucet closest to water meter and check your pressure.once you know your static pressure reply back with your water meter size,and service line size coming from the street.then we'll be able to tell you t...

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 2:20pm

system wont work

you had a service co. turn it on for a couple years with no troubles ,do the right thing and call them back.if your trying to save a couple bucks by not calling them,look what happens,you get a big headache.don't take this the wrong way but everyone has to make a buck.

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 2:15pm

System won't run

is the water turned on?????

Thursday, May 5th 2005, 3:46pm

Sprinkler System NOT Working/Spraying

is the main water supply turned on?if you don't know if there is a master valve check the terminals of the controller,there should be a terminal mv if there is a wire hooked up to it ,it should be a master valve,then you know you have one somewhere.

Wednesday, May 4th 2005, 5:47pm

How do I turn on my sprinkler system?

what exactly are you having trouble with,if you found the water supply valve turn it on.make sure the controller is plugged in.read the instructions on the inside cover of the controller door it should tell you how to operate it.if the system does not come on ,call for service.

Monday, April 25th 2005, 4:54pm

How do I turn on my sprinkler system?

a little sarcasm is a small price to pay when asking for free advice.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 5:35pm

Not all valves work

if you have a seperate valve manifold to feed zones 5-9 in the back chances are the wires been cut or a bad common connection.you should call your service co. to properly troubleshoot the system.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 12:09pm

Valve box Location...Question about water.

you will not have trouble.rain water will get in and get the valve wet.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 4:47am

Help! Richdel Sprinkler Has a SHORT!

i would call back the company that repaired it,i'm sure they would have to honor their repair work if they didn't fix it the first time. if zone 2 is blowing the fuse when its calling to be on ,it's one of 3 things controller,solenoid or wire connecting the two.instead of being a parts changer the guy should have taken the time to properly troubleshoot the system.

Friday, April 15th 2005, 12:49pm

Help! Richdel Sprinkler Has a SHORT!

i agree blown fuses and x-formers are caused by shorts.best bet call a pro.

Monday, April 11th 2005, 5:09pm

Valve not responding to electronic signal

when that particular zone is calling to be on,you should read 24v +/- 10% between common and that zone terminal. remove that zone wire make that zone call if 24v is between that zone terminal and common,you know the controller is good.if your reading almost 0 volts with the zone calling you have no potential difference meaning you're reading the same leg with your meter.it's like putting your meter across a live fuse to read volts you'll read 0.disconnect valve solinoid and controller ohm out wi...

Tuesday, February 22nd 2005, 2:45pm

Water supply will not shut off

is there a well for the irrigation system?

Tuesday, February 22nd 2005, 2:41pm

Rain Bird Controller - No Power

shorts cause fuses and x-formers to blow. i would disconect wire to zone 3 at the controller and zone 3 valve ohm out valve#3 solinoid .1-.10 ohms is a shorted coil 20-60 ohms is normal.check for continuity between common and zone 3 wire if there's continuity bad wire.if there is no spares you have to replace the wire.if you are not comfortable doing this i would call a pro.