You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Friday, March 4th 2005, 7:16am

Author: Buster

Sprinklers come on by themselves!

Thanks for the response! The system is probably about 7 years old (we didn't install it, the previous owners did). I'm not sure what our static water pressure is - how would I figure that out? I know when we first moved in, it was much lower than normal, and the water company came out and adjusted it for us to what they described as a "normal" level. I'm suspecting a bad valve or solenoid as well, but I'm not quite sure how to check either (and I'm not really sure what a sprinkler solenoid looks...

Wednesday, March 2nd 2005, 11:03am

Author: Buster

Sprinklers come on by themselves!

I have 9 valves of sprinklers controlled by an Irritrol RD-900. My sprinklers are turning on by themselves - even when the controller is set to "off" my sprinklers still come on, and at random times for random durations. I've already replaced the controller, but the problem is still happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm a complete novice, but would like to try to troubleshoot this myself if possible. I asked my landscaper about it and he didn't think there was anything wrong. Th...