You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 314.

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 4:08pm

Author: RidgeRun05

Need to install sprinklers in 20x40 ft area

Spray heads. Either the Hunter Pro Spray series or the Rain Bird 1800 series. Your spacing will vary depending upon your available pressure and the nozzles used. Generally, you can get 10' 12' or 15' nozzles as the most common types. You want to have head to head coverage, meaning each head sprays to the next and so on..

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 5:06pm

Pressure

Try using a smaller GPM nozzle.

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 5:04pm

Toro 340 Stream Will Not Pop Up

Yes, place the arc disk in, then screw on the appropriate radius cap. The body pops up just like any other rotor type head.

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 5:34pm

No AC

It means your controller is running off of the battery only. Either your controller is not plugged in, or the outlet it is plugged into is not working. Your valves will not operate without AC power.

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 5:32pm

Hunter Sprinkler

It means your controller is running off of the battery only. Either your controller is not plugged in, or the outlet it is plugged into is not working. Your valves will not operate without AC power.

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 4:49pm

Zone working no matter what!

It is possible your valve is stuck open. Remove the top of the valve, and remove the diaphragm and visually check to see if you can see anything in the valve. If the diaphragm looks bad, it may need to be replaced. You can get a rebuild kit for your valves at any local irrigation distributor.

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 4:46pm

Installed them yesterday. The head pops up like any other rotor. It may be defective. I would first flush out your lines to make sure there is nothing in the pipe, then I would take it back if it still doesn't work. Sounds like everything else you did installing it was right.

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 2:15pm

Richdel 446pri hybrid

You might try a local irrigation distributor or online search. If you can't find a replacement transformer, order a professional grade controller from Sprinkler Warehouse. I wouldn't even mess around with the home improvement store controllers.

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 2:13pm

Bad Controller?

Check your start times, and station run times. Sounds like you may have different start times or multiple programs running. Check if you have more than 1 program, such as A, B, or C. Check to make sure you only have one start time.

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 2:10pm

Did the existing sprinkler head pop up without trouble? Did you flush the lines out before installing the new head? It could be something got into the pipe. If none of the heads are popping up, it could be a pressure issue or a possible leak.

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 6:55pm

Toro Sprinkler Replacements

I dont believe Hunter or Rainbird make such a product. The closest would be a mid range rotor.

I dont believe Hunter or Rainbird make such a product. The closest would be a mid range rotor.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 2:31pm

Weathermatic controller that won't turn off

Your best bet is to replace the controller with a quality one. You will spend just as much fixing this one, as you would on a decent new one. Stick with a quality name brand.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 2:29pm

hunter vs rainbird bids, lake pumps

I am going to have to say that Rainbird is always a good choice for lake systems. The Rainbird valves tend to fair better with dirty water applications, as well as their rotor heads. As far as pumps, I agree with Wetboots, I like the Goulds pump.

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 3:21pm

trade shows/seminars

Most of the large companies offer some type of training for their products. I am a Hunter Preferred Contractor, and I attend training seminars with them annually. I know Toro and Rainbird do something similar. As for the trade shows, not too sure in Canada, your best bet it to talk to a local irrigation distributor, or check online.

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 3:18pm

Stop water on the Hunter PGJ series

Best bet is to dig the head up and cap it off at the fitting.

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 3:17pm

Furtigator

It really all depends on the quality of the irrigation system. A subpar irrigation system will equal a subpar fertilizer application. The fertigator is designed to deliver small precise amounts each time you water, instead of one large dose. Go to the following link for more information: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/fertilizer_system_main.shtml

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 3:07pm

hunter icc-800pl not working

Go here, and under the Controllers section, click on the ICC, there is your owners manual http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/PDFs/pdf_english_manual.html That being said, I make sure the water main is on to your sprinkler system, and make sure if you have a backflow device, those valves are open as well. With water flowing, if the system still doesn't operate, I would probably consider calling in a contractor to further diagnose the system.

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 2:58pm

Quote & Part Opinions

Yes, it is alright to post your qoutes, minus the contractors names. We will be more than happy to help steer you in the right direction. As far as brands go, every contractor has their own opinion, but anything of professional grade is a good start.