You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Tuesday, September 27th 2005, 3:43pm

Author: sosinc

Drains in a line after the water meter?

No, outside. It's buried about 30 to 36 inches in the ground. I see where some people have there backflow in there front yard, out in the middle of nowhere. Was wondering if I did it that way,and was wondering how I was going to blow the water out of the line for the winter time? Wouldn't you put a shut off valve with a place to drain it far enough down so it won't frezze?

Tuesday, September 27th 2005, 3:37pm

Can backflow be bury?

Thanks guys for the replies!

Monday, September 26th 2005, 2:56pm

Can backflow be bury?

Can you bury a Backflow in the ground below the height of a sprinkler head?

Monday, September 26th 2005, 2:54pm

Drains in a line after the water meter?

What do most of you people do if you are running your sprinkler main supply line off right after the water meter and right before the backflow preventer? How do you blow the water out for the winter time by the backflow preventer?

Tuesday, May 3rd 2005, 4:43pm

losing pressure

Well I think I've figured out what the problem was. The pressure before the inside backflow was 42 psi. the pressure after the backflow was 22 psi. The problem I think is that the backflow has never been serviced in the last 6 years it has been in the building. It must be sticking inside, that what I think is the problem. If it get serviced and it doesn't work then, I will be really scatching my head then! Thanks for your help though guys.

Saturday, April 30th 2005, 4:17pm

losing pressure

Which it does from 42 psi to 22 psi. But sometimes it drops near 0psi, is this maybe because the pumps aren't on at the time it nears 0 psi?

Saturday, April 30th 2005, 4:23am

losing pressure

The pump are suppling water for a muti story hotel. The only other things that are running off the same water line are 2 wash machine. If I turn the system on early in the mourning I still don't have much pressure. The backflow inside hasn't ever been tested either. So do you think that it is a pump pressure problem then?

Friday, April 29th 2005, 5:15pm

losing pressure

I got a 3/4" supply line coming from a pump room to a backflow inside the building and then the 3/4" line is then coming outside to another backflow on the outside of the building. The problem I am having is that I have 42 psi at the sprinklers but then after a minute of running the sprinklers the pressure drop to 24 psi. Sometime it will go back up to 42 psi but then drop back down to 24 psi and sometimes it even goes almost to 0 psi. Could the second backflow be causing the pressure to drop? I...

Sunday, April 24th 2005, 5:14am

water line size?

What size water lines are more commonly used when supplying water from the value to the sprinkler head? Is a 3/4" or a 1 1/2" more commonly used?

Thursday, March 24th 2005, 4:23am

High water pressure

I got 72PSI and 12 GPM on a city watersupply. I'm afraid that I have to much water pressure, is it possilbe that I could have a water hammer problem when the values turn off to quickly? What can I do to keep my system from blowing apart?