You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 5:44am

Author: samymelbourne

PVC fitting keeps coming out of pump

Fixed the problem, when I located the valves.. I found out one of the connections to the 2nd zone valve had been put together in a very Sh..ty manner.. no electric tape, no capping of the wires, no protection at all.. the wires had eroded and broke the connection, just enough to were they would touch intermitently. Hence causing zone 2 to be closed every now and then. When the valve was closed the pump would still be running, heated the water in the line warped the fitting coming out of the pump...

Wednesday, April 13th 2005, 3:42am

the fittings seem to be correct, I looked at two of my neighbors and the fittings are the same.. I did notice the last time that the 1' inch pipe going to the sprinkler system from the pump buldged out as if by pressure.. also the fitting that popped out was warped.. I went to an irrigation place yesterday (took the pipe w/ me) and they talked about a blowout/blowback (not sure if this is the term) caused by possibly one of the valves in the sprinkler system not opening hence causing the pressur...

Tuesday, April 12th 2005, 8:56am

I live in Florida, recently bought a home with a hunter sprinkler system which uses a water well. My problem is that the PVC adapter coming out of the pump to the sprinkler system keeps on popping out as if there's a blockage somewhere along the line, pressure builds up and pops the fitting out. When I put everything back together, I have ran the zones (2 of them/ Hunter has 4 - no time is set on zones 3 & 4) and it works fine.. after a week of what seems normal running, I find that my fitting i...