You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 8:06am

Author: Taxman71

Febco 765 Problems

Follow-up: I ordered an entirely new 765-1 for the same price as the replacement bonnet and poppet, replaced both on my installed 765 and had things working in around 2 minutes. Thanks for everyone's help. I figure a pro would have charged me $150 minimum for such an easy task. Now on to repair the small leak in my PVC where I nicked it with my gas trimmer....

Wednesday, March 21st 2007, 4:20am

Febco 765 Problems

FYI - part of the reason I will buy the entire 765 assembly is because I think the check assembly is shot as well. That is why the assembly diagram seems confusing to me after looking at what is left of the guts of my 765. On a side note, based on measuring the poppet and bonnet, I am 99% sure I have the 1-inch version of the 765 (based on info from another site). Since my 765 says "765-1" does that mean I definitely have the 1 inch version?

Monday, March 19th 2007, 9:55am

Febco 765 Problems

I am thinking that is the way to go, especially given the minimal cost difference on the 1" 765. Thanks.

Monday, March 19th 2007, 7:35am

Febco 765 Problems

First, thanks to all on this forum for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Second, I got caught this winter by an early and hard freeze and failed to open the test cocks on my Febco 765-1. As a result, the canopy was just sitting on the top loosely with water flowing out of the top when I turned the water back on. I know that I need to replace the bonnett and poppet, but am considering just buying a entire new 765 for not much more money to ensure I have all the parts. After reviewing the 765 ...

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 10:42am

Valve Won't Shut Off

Just to follow up: I connected the severed solenoid wire with a DryConn wire connector (from Lowe's FYI) and it works perfectly. Thanks again for the tip.

Wednesday, April 20th 2005, 10:57am

Valve Won't Shut Off

Thanks RidgeRun05, I will give that a shot tonight and report back.

Wednesday, April 20th 2005, 5:27am

Valve Won't Shut Off

First, I have been reading this forum for a while and appreciate all the great advice you experts have given. Now, my problem. When I started up my system for spring, the final zone (Zone 5) will only work manually (turning the valve on or off by hand in the valve box). The other 4 zones work perfectly. Thus, Zone 5 is either always on or always off. What I think is the problem: While tinkering with the valve for Zone 5 (this is my first spring to have a sprinkler system), I turned the valve kno...