You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, April 21st 2005, 3:38am

Author: Kemp

selenoid will not shut off

The valve is a Nelson 7901. I bought a new valve today. The dealer said that I could just loosen the four screws on top and swap the top part of the new valve for the top part on the old valve and not cut the old valve out of the line. He also said that would be almost as cheap as buying the parts and rebuilding the old one. I had actually thought about trying that before he suggested it. I will give that a try. Thanks for everyone's help.

Wednesday, April 20th 2005, 5:04pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kemp</i> <br />I have a system that is about 10 years old. When I started the system this Spring zone 3 runs when any zone is on resulting in a loss of pressure to other zones. Is there a way to clean or repair the selenoid switch without changing it. I am not worried about the cost of a new one but the labor involved. I installed all of my selenoids u...

Wednesday, April 20th 2005, 10:26am

I have a system that is about 10 years old. When I started the system this Spring zone 3 runs when any zone is on resulting in a loss of pressure to other zones. Is there a way to clean or repair the selenoid switch without changing it. I am not worried about the cost of a new one but the labor involved. I installed all of my selenoids underground to help prevent freezing when the system was on and it is a major problem to dig it up to replace a selenoid. I realize now that this was probably a m...