You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Monday, August 22nd 2005, 5:17pm

Author: sweptwing

Master Valve - Plastic or Metal

That is true. My state and city codes (available on the web) both approve of the use of DOUBLE check valves in certain cases, but never a DUAL check valve. There is a difference, double checks are testable and have a series of pressure test hookups. Look into using a Double check in your application. That is what I have on my acreage private well because a PVB would have had to been located about 12 feet up the side of my house. Make sure you study this, a Dual check will not pass. best of luck.

Monday, May 2nd 2005, 5:45pm

How to connect slip joint valves to poly

Thanks for that. What type of adheasive do you use. Is the adapter grey in color like all of the other poly fittings[?] Thanks again.[]

Monday, May 2nd 2005, 5:31am

How to connect slip joint valves to poly

What is the correct method to connect slip joint valves to 1" poly piping?

Friday, April 29th 2005, 3:29am

HIT adjustable flow valves-any good

Looking at going with HIT valves for this next project (my Dads) and have found HIT adjustable valves to use. Are they any good. Opinions. Thanks

Wednesday, April 27th 2005, 3:07pm

Nelson?

Love their rotor heads. They are by far the easiest to adjust and you can change both left and right stops just like the way the old impact sprinklers set. Just pop off the top and there you go. I have had two houses with nelson systems and had good luck. They also have a good warranty. 5yrs on everything but the controller which is 2. Good luck, shop around but don't be afraid of Nelson, they have a good product too and great product support should you need it. Another piece of advice is to go ...

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 3:28am

New valves slow to close

I have a nelson smartzone now. About 4 yrs old. I see the new nelson clock (available at warehouse) is about $100 and does have that feature I think? Says from 1 second to 30 minutes delay. What do you think? I need the 12 zone.

Monday, April 25th 2005, 2:59pm

New valves slow to close

Thanks for that. Any suggestions on controllers? Toro, Rainbird? Which ones have an adjustable delay? Thanks again for the info.

Monday, April 25th 2005, 12:42pm

New valves slow to close

Ok, I understand that now. Now does anyone have a solution or idea or do I just get a better controller at this point? Also, why did it work just fine on city water and not on a well system with the same pressure and gpm?

Monday, April 25th 2005, 5:02am

New valves slow to close

Like I said, they are brand new to begin with and they are the same ones I used on my last system on city water. What would flow control do for me when I need all the flow I can get anyway?

Sunday, April 24th 2005, 6:43am

New valves slow to close

I have just installed a new system using nelson 9000 series non flow controll valves. Out of 12 zones, about 5 of them close too slow. I also have a nelson controller that does not allow adjustment of zone change times. Sometimes it switches zones and it takes an additional 20 to 30 seconds to close the last zone resulting in puddling because of extremely low pressure. This is on a well system running 60psi. Any suggestions. Thanks for your help.