You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Sunday, June 16th 2002, 2:16pm

Author: swturner

Bleeder valve stuck off

I guess I must have somehow misaligned the solenoid nipple. I'm baffled as to how that could have been a problem at the start, but maybe there was blockage in there somehow. Anyhow, I did as you suggested, and the new bonnet still didn't work. (No sign of an extra O-ring or retainer, and the solenoid popped in and out just fine.) In desperation, I replaced the *original* bonnet, and - miracle of miracles - it all seems to work now... So, perhaps there was blockage in the bonnet to start with, be...

Saturday, June 8th 2002, 11:06am

Bleeder valve stuck off

Well, I did as suggested, and the problem remains... I first tried replacing just the diaphram, and as you indicated it did not work well with the old bonnet. So I replaced the bonnet as well. I was careful to align the diaphram, etc. I was encouraged because when I tested it out before wiring up the solenoid, it appeared to work - I was surprised that the solenoid appeared to have the valve open by default. So I turned the water back off at the supply, wired up the solenoid, and - darned if it ...

Thursday, May 30th 2002, 5:07am

Bleeder valve stuck off

Thanks for the advice. That sounds straightforward enough, but I'm curious as to why you suggest I essentially replace all the moving parts of the valve. Did my description make it obvious to you that the existing one is completely broken? If I'm going to have to replace virtually all of the valve, I think I'll first go ahead and take it apart and see if I can see a defect. Anything in particular I should look for? (BTW, if I do end up buying a replacement valve, or other parts - this forum, and...

Monday, May 27th 2002, 10:12am

Bleeder valve stuck off

I've got a set of Irritrol 2711APR valves, all but one of which are working fine. One of the valves does not allow water flow unless I crack open the small plastic screw on its top. I'm guessing that this screw is some kind of bleeder, although it would appear that it is so small it could only be useful for vacuum/air bleed. All of the other valves have this small screw tightened all the way in, and they appear fine. The problem valve works fine (manually or via solenoid), so long as the small s...