You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 462.

Sunday, January 16th 2005, 3:48pm

Author: RVLI

Fertigator...

I've installed many of these, and have never heard of expirienced that. Vincent I've never had a serivce call for Fertigator, only to refill the fertilizer! I've installed over 50 of them this year!

Sunday, January 16th 2005, 3:45pm

Pump start relay clicking but no water

Hmm, Lets start off with the simple things: Are all your wires connected proprly to the controller/valves? If it's more then one valve like you are talking about, you more then likely have a spilt wire or your common (ground) wire isn't correct. Let me know what you find out!!!

Wednesday, October 13th 2004, 6:02pm

leaf blower sprinkler blowout

Leaf blowers can't compress air....you need some type of pressure...

Wednesday, July 14th 2004, 5:28pm

Need help finding valve box

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.sprinklertalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=150

Wednesday, July 14th 2004, 5:26pm

Finding lost area valve

Try your local sprinkler distributor.

Wednesday, July 14th 2004, 5:25pm

Sprinlers leak when valves are off

Are the solenoids and bleeds tight? It is probably because of the sligh slope. Water flows from high areas to low areas. I would replace those two heads with heads with check valves in them, such as the Rainbird 5000 plus.

Wednesday, July 14th 2004, 5:22pm

help me select heads

If the rectangular parts is 32 feet wide, I think I'd use rotors. I prefer Rainbird heads. That is all I install.

Sunday, July 11th 2004, 7:18am

RB 5000 Plus and check valves.....?

The check valve shoundn't hurt anything, but what I would do is replace them all with 5000+'s

Tuesday, July 6th 2004, 12:19pm

Hunter I-20 Rotation Issue

Most likely the insides are shot. I would simply replace it.

Tuesday, July 6th 2004, 12:17pm

Teflon Tape

Your best bet would be to use Teflon tape.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 2:25pm

will this work

Educate me then. Why is it that most baseball fields/commercial designs with long runs, they reduce the pipe size as the run goes on? Conserve flow for the last head?

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:23am

Leaky Swing Joints

If it's a slow leak, I wouldn't worry about it as the ground will absorb most of it rather quickly. I have never used swing joints except for funny pipe. Someone else here could be able to help you.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:19am

Attaching pvc to pex

If the house shut off is after the meter, I wouldn't tap in there. You won't be able to shut the house water off while your tapping into the line, much less you'll have a wet mess, that you won't be able to shut off. As far as connections go, a compression tee works for PEX.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:16am

Need more help expanding my irrigation system..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HooKooDooKu</i> <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My longest runs will be at least 200' i'm sure. Should I telescope to my 2nd manifold from 1 1/4" to 1" pipe if runs become longer than 100' or how would you guys do it? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></bloc...

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:14am

will this work

Volume. The spigot is probably only running on 1/2" pipe. The smaller the pipe, the more pressure, but less volume.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:12am

How to find a capped head.

Would it be in the middle of the lateral?

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:11am

sprinkler mist

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Keokolo</i> <br />****o Tom, yea, mist is the culprit. What if the heads are Toro, does it make a difference? And what do you mean by a valve that has flow control? What do I look for on the valve for flow control? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> There are valves with a flow control knob on top of some of th...

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:10am

Dirty water sprinklers

That is about your only choice, unless you put a high grade filter in the system.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:08am

Valve Manifold Location

Why not spend the money and get a durable plastic box. Eventually, the wood will rot, causing the hole to cave in, you may never be able to find your valves again. Secondly if they are anti-siphon valves that is ok to put them above the ground, inline valves are typically for an underground situation. Bury them and put them in a plastic box.