You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Tuesday, May 10th 2005, 5:52pm

Author: erikdyba

Pumps and GPM needed

Wet Boots, Thank you for your response. I have done exactly what you suggested and found that the largest zone has 24 rotors at 3 GPM per head (72GPM). The zone is located approximently 695 feet from the pump and main supply line size is 2.5 inch. Valve sizes is 2.5". The water level in the well is at 770 feet, which is slowly going down and with that said the performance of the pump is going down with the lack of available water. The reason I ask the question is that I was confronted by the pum...

Saturday, May 7th 2005, 9:49pm

Pumps and GPM needed

Thank you for the response although the situation is a little more complex. Depending on the flow requirements of the system the existing well may have to moved down 400-600 feet. Meaning that a new stlye of pump may have to use and a large differnce in price. <u><i>How could a person find the gpm needs of the system?</i></u>

Saturday, May 7th 2005, 9:41pm

Pumps and GPM needed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i> <br />Basically, you'll wind up pulling the existing pump, and replacing it with the same. If it's no longer being made, you'll use a replacement with the same horsepower and number of stages. Usually, the well installation information will be documented somewhere. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote...

Saturday, May 7th 2005, 4:42pm

Pumps and GPM needed

I've taken over the maintanence at a large estate, the pump that was suppling the irrigation has quit working. When talking with the pump contractor he asked me how much flow do you need? I'm not sure how to figure this out with water to run the system and count number of heads in each zone. Even if I use a compressor to locate the heads and do a take off on the nozzles, Wouldn't I still need to know what the operating/dynamic pressure is, in order to find out what the GPM's needed is? If anyone...