You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, May 12th 2005, 5:16pm

Author: mgerity

How to replace a valve

Yeah, I considered it, but when you price the solenoids (rusted, splitting) and the diaphragms, it's cheaper to replace the whole thing, plus I get better reliability, etc. These things are really old, so I'd rather just start over, but I find it hard to believe these things are installed in such a way as to make replacement so difficult.

Thursday, May 12th 2005, 12:50pm

How to replace a valve

Okay, I'm digging away to clear my valves to replace them, and I've come across a problem. The valves are all female threaded on both sides, but there is no sleeve or slip collar that will allow me to unscrew the valves. The incoming and outgoing pipes are all cemented to the threaded coupling and to the T. It looks like the only way to get it out is to cut the pipe somewhere. If I do that, then how do I install the new valve--there isn't much room in the box to work with. The T's are all cement...

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 2:41pm

Strange common wire setup

I am in the process of revitalizing a long dormant and neglected sprinkler system in the house I recently purchased. Right now the controller (hyrdro rain HRH-6) is running 5 zones, 2 in one box and 3 in another. There are 2 C wires attached at the controller, which go into the ground and I'm not sure where from there. I would expect one to go to each valve box, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The box with 2 valves has one C wire coming in connected to both valves, just like I'd expect. Un...