You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Monday, May 16th 2005, 10:23am

Author: dsmedley94

Zone problems

What's involved in switching out valve internals and covers? I'm an old hand at replacing sprinkler heads but have never tackled valves before. Is it equally simple or is this much more complex? Do I need to dig everything out at the valve box or do I just come in through the top of the valve box and unscrew at the top and start replacing various parts? Will I need to reattach to the water lines below? I think I may have valve manifolds. Are these screwing things in and out or will I have to be ...

Saturday, May 14th 2005, 4:35am

Zone problems

The system is probably around 12-15 years old. I believe the valves are Hunter. I've only found 3 valve boxes so I think I might have some 2 or 3 valve manifold systems although I'm not sure. I wasn't the original owner when the system was installed so I don't know if it was flushed of debris or not. This is the first time I'm experiencing these problems. The controller is a Richdal by Hardie Irrigation. With regard to two zones coming on at one time, does that sound like a valve issue, a wiring...

Friday, May 13th 2005, 12:10pm

Zone problems

I'm having several zone problems. 1. It started with zone 7 of a 7 zone system. The zone kicks on but there doesn't seem to be enough water pressure for the sprinkler heads to come all the way out of the ground. This is a consistant problem. 2. Then I noticed that zone 4 works intermittantly - some times the water only comes out a little bit and other times the zone works fine. Then I noticed zone 5 occasionally has the same problem although most of the time, it works just fine. 3. This morning,...