You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 6:32am

Author: geotexZ71

Need help! What to expect?

Just checking back in! Ended up identifying three highly recommended contractors and asked for quotes from each. Basically all turned in consistent numbers at $500 to $550 per zone and nearly identical layouts of zones, rotors, and sprays. We selected the contractor who had the middle-price, but was willing to work with us on component selection and still cover with their full warranty plus offered 180-day same as cash financing since we are $1000 over what we thought the cost would be. Ended up...

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 7:08pm

Tunnel Under Driveway

This is a late addition to this thread, but I can attest to using a Borit tool for crossing under large slabs. My father was an electrician and treasured his! We (the kids) were always the weekend and summer apprentices. [8D] With his HEAVY 3/4-inch drill and the Borit running conduit under driveways was fun (plenty of mud)! Even the tightest pavement sub-base could be penetrated with a little more "lean" put into it! [] Longest crossing I personally was involved with was 38 feet, which I recall...

Friday, May 20th 2005, 8:36am

Thanks Tony! I'm looking for a third contractor, but seems to be hard to do! The two I've contacted are the most recommended by everyone, and even do the public properties and sports fields. That makes me think they know what they're doing (in business for 20 and 28 years) and both gave me booklets (literally) of references and recommendations spanning from the late-80s! About the PVC, it is actually flexible PVC that the one contractor uses and he said it is not susceptible to frost heave break...

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 11:09am

Hi! My wife and I just built our first home and are working on a lawn! It’s not much at 0.15 acre, but plenty for two career professionals! The lawn was hydroseeded this spring and about 60-65% took so we’ll be overseeding in the fall. So it seems to be the perfect time to consider adding a sprinkler system because the hours my wife and I keep aren’t conducive to watering otherwise. We have four distinct lawn areas, and three curb strips. In the front we have a plot that’s 25’x 45’, a plot 35’x3...