You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 2:41pm

Author: BCRUMB

DIRTY WATER-VOLUME DECREASED?

Some of you guys may remember my posts from last year about using the ground water underneath my inground pool for irrigation. I paid a guy I know to do the job, because he was willing to "experiment" with the water supply. He installs commercial systems professionally. At any rate, it works great. There are 4 zones, Rain Bird scrubber valves, Hunter I-20 adv heads(all). The water stains everything it gets on, with red mud color. And by the way, I ran the "common" wiers to the valves thru a swit...

Monday, August 8th 2005, 8:10am

Pump turn off if filter clogged

Thanks for the advise. I took the 2hp back and got a 1 hp jet pump from HD. I ended up disabling the pressure switch because it kept shutting down on HIGH pressure. Under continuous operation, it pressurizes to 58 psi and pretty much stays there. I can open 2 zones at the same time and still maintain 50 PSI. Thinking about changing the nozzles on the I20s from the 1.5s installed to 3.0s so I can run it for less time.

Thursday, July 28th 2005, 7:20pm

U are probably right, WB. At the time, I thought we were going to have more heads per zone. I guess the sprinkler guy decided to err on the side of caution and cut the zones to 4 heads to make sure the pump could handle it and then also we splurged on the pump. I should try the 1/2 hp first shouldn't I? It may well do the job, then I could return the 2 hp pump. It is a monster, draws over 12 amps on 220v, I will have to run another circuit just for it. Hey, thanks for all your input. Bcrumb

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 11:54pm

using rain sensor terminal to control pump

Can I use the rain sensor terminals to attach a device that will cut my pump off when current increases or decreases beyond some preset levels? If so, any ideas on what device and where to get it? This could be an indication that the well is dry, the pump sucked in a rock, or the output filter is clogged(most likley of the three)? Or should I consider some sort of flow switch to turn the pump off when there is no flow (The only problem with this method is that there be no flow when the pump is "...

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 11:50pm

Just thought I would update and give more info. I have my system up on county water already. Paid a guy who does commercial sprinklers for a living to do my house. He helped me greatly to test the pump and GPM and such, so I don't really mind if I paid a little too much. Paid $2200 for four zones. Had to buy my own pump but he is giving me a 1/2 HP StaBrite pump that we tried to use but needed more umph. Ended up settling on 2 HP which I had to purchase separately($450). For this 2200 dollars I ...

Wednesday, July 20th 2005, 2:54pm

controlling pump when filter clogs

Help, I want to put a filter before and after my pump from the dirty ground water I will use. I think I need a device that will shut the pump off if the flow is weak(since this may indicate my filters are clogged). Anyone know what type flow switch I need and where I might get one? Part number would be great. What about how to wire it it? Thanks, Bcrumb

Wednesday, July 20th 2005, 2:52pm

Help, I want to put a filter before and after my pump from the dirty ground water I will use. I think I need a device that will shut the pump off if the flow is weak(since this may indicate my filters are clogged). Anyone know what type flow switch I need and where I might get one? Part number would be great. What about how to wire it it? Thanks, Bcrumb

Wednesday, July 20th 2005, 2:49pm

WELL UNDER SWMING POOL?

Thought I would update. Have 1-1/4 pvc running under pool. Connected 1/2 hp pump. Filed up 5 gal bucket in approx 12 seconds(25gpm). Ran for 1 hr, then went dry. Left off for 30 min and it ran for another 25 min before going dry. To me this means there is enough water down there to use for my system. May have to allow for 10 minute rebuild period between watering zones.

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 10:01pm

DRIVING OVER BURIED PIPES

Will driving over buried pipes after installation break them? PVC or poly stronger than the other? Could have to drive over pipes to get truck to back yard at some point. I am asking about a regular pickup truck, but also what about a dump truck or cemet mixer. Should I try not to lay piping in this area at all?

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 11:13pm

POPUP IMPACTS VERSUS ROTORS

Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of impacts versus rotors. It seems to me you have better control over the impacts. It seems like the rotors will not spray close in to themselves but that the impacts probably will. Am I wrong. Is there some other reason I should pick rotors instead. The cost appears to be similar. Bcrumb

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 5:42pm

WELL UNDER SWMING POOL?

Thanks for the info WB. I live in Ga so the chances of sandy or rocky soil are pretty slim. Most likely red clay, but they did dump a load of gravel down there before finishing the pool. The pipe installed under the pool is 1.5 inch PVC. I don't think a 1/2 HP pump will supply enough water though, do you? Most lake pump recommendations I have read about suggested 1.5 HP pumps. I plan to water between 15 and 20 thousand square feet. I guess the only way to find out is to rent a gas powered pump a...

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 2:15am

WELL UNDER SWMING POOL?

I had an inground pool installed several years ago. During the installation phase, the ground water nearly filled the deep end of the pool with water. The installer told me I could probably run a sprinkler system from the water under the pool. There a permanently installed pipe running down there to be used to pump out the ground water for liner replacement later if needed. My question is, would it be pheasible to pump this water to supply a sprinkler system I am thinking of installing. If so, w...