You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Wednesday, June 8th 2005, 7:15pm

Author: The Professor

Hunter Wireless Rain Clik Sensor Help

Well, as all you kind folks have pointed out to me, I gave it a try tonight and lo and behold, it works just fine, with the receiver in the basement. Thank you all for sharing your ideas and suggestions with me. Up until the first response from Wet_Boots, I was convinced that I had made a mistake purchasing this product, especially after speaking with the Hunter tech. One final question for Wet-Boots: The battery, which I believe is designed to last ten years, is not replaceble once it wears out...

Wednesday, June 8th 2005, 11:52am

New2thePark: Thank you for your reply. Your set-up sounds similar to what I want to do. My 3 bedroom, 2 story colonial with full attic and 10 foot basement is similar to yours as well! The Hunter technician told me to not waste my time trying to use it the way you and I have/want to. He "guaranteed me that the signal will never get through to the basement". (foundation and dirt obstruction). Anyway, you have encouraged me to go ahead and install the sensor the way I originally intended, which is...

Wednesday, June 8th 2005, 9:12am

I contacted Hunter Industries and they informed that because my timer is in the basement, the sensor will not work if I mount the receiver next to the timer. The signal will be obstructed by both dirt and foundation wall. Therefore, the receiver must be mounted outside somewhere and wired back to the timer with 4 conductor wire, according to Hunter. Bottom line: this "wireless" sensor will only work as it is advertised(ease of installation, 300 ft. distance, etc.)if your timer is located either ...

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 9:25pm

Just purchased one and I noticed that the specs for the transmitting range is "up to 300 feet line of sight". I think this is misleading; doesn't "line of sight" mean that transmitter A has to have a clear view of transmitter B, with no visual obstructions, such as building walls? Would I not have a problem using this sensor then, as my timer box is in the basement, and I plan to mount the sensor outside up on a gutter on the other side of the house-keeping within 300 feet, but "non-line of sigh...

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 9:53pm

Problem with Hunter Pro-C Odd/Even Setting

You seemed to have skipped line one of the instructions in the manual where it states "Using the instructions for Interval Watering, set the interval to one". Did you do this first?

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 9:47pm

Hunter Mini Clik Rain Sensor Problem

Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong topic forum. I have been experiencing a really strange problem with the Hunter Mini Clik rain sensor. It seems that everytime it rains heavily, the sensor, which is completely filled with water, is not registrating on the Pro-C controller- "Off-Sensor". Controller is located in the basement. After a few days of dry weather, upon testing it, it registers at that point. Eventually however, the sensor fails to work. The contractor has come out numerous t...

Thursday, May 26th 2005, 9:30pm

Hunter Mini Clik Rain Sensor Problem

I have been experiencing a really strange problem with the Hunter Mini Clik rain sensor. It seems that everytime it rains heavily, the sensor, which is completely filled with water, is not registrating on the Pro-C controller- "Off-Sensor". Controller is located in the basement. After a few days of dry weather, upon testing it, it registers at that point. Eventually however, the sensor fails to work. The contractor has come out numerous times and has replaced the sensor three times already; appa...