You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 3:44am

Author: Newbie

Strange Municipal Requirement

The city I live in is usually pretty reasonable about its permit requirements, but here is one that seems pretty odd. Maybe someone has an idea on how to accomodate them. We are not allowed to install any sprinkler line or head within 24" of any street, sidewalk or right-of-way line. I'm concerned that if I put my 180 degree heads 2 feet inside the edge of my lawn that I will have a nice brown perimeter. Will that happen? Or will enough water soak through the soil to adequately water behind thos...

Thursday, June 6th 2002, 12:54pm

PVC vs Poly

Where can I find information on the relative advantages and disadvantages of each? Poly seems like it would be easier to work with, but I assume there is a downside, too. Is it significant?

Wednesday, June 5th 2002, 7:00am

trenching

Where can I learn more about having pipe pulled? It certainly seems like a worthwhile way to get the job done. Is this a service routinely offered by irrigation installers? I would think the installer would insist on getting the whole job.

Monday, June 3rd 2002, 9:05am

Are Surveys necessary?

We did not get a boundary survey (just the useless spot survey required by the lender), and the neighbors in our neighborhood generally agree on where the property lines are. Of course, the friendly neighbors could move, and if there is later a disagreement as to the location of the boundary lines, I don't want to have to relocate any part of my system. My question is: If you're using 180 degree spray heads or rotors, to what degree will some overspray water "behind" the head? In other works, if...