You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, July 10th 2005, 7:33pm

Author: TYGVR

sprinkler not turning

I hav had a couple of rainbird impact sprinklers not rotating. what could cause this? If I click the weight they start working again but stop after a while. Fixable or replace? Replace with impact or rotors?

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 4:20am

Replacing Ball Valve on Backflow Preventer

Just did this job (see posts). The assembly parts on mine were as follows: 1" copper from house(soldered)>elbow(threaded)>nipple(threaded)>ball valve(threaded)>febco(threaded)>ballvalve(threaded)>nipple(threaded)>elbow(soldered)>copper. To do it right you have to desolder one end and start to dis-assemble up to the next solder joint. Then re-assemble and resolder. If you are trying to loosen and tighten without dis-assembling you have a crap shoot on your hands, the joint...

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 3:53am

turning on system this spring with Febco 765-1

I replaced the broken gate valves with ball valves, wasn't fun but they work now. Desoldering and resoldering 1" copper is tedious. Tip for anyone who needs to do this: try to figure out if you can desolder only one side and have enough room to disassemble the unit up to the next solder joint this will save time and hassle it worked for me. By the way the company that blew off the sprinkler head said they would not replace it they claim "if it blew off it must have been faulty". Thanks for all t...

Thursday, June 2nd 2005, 7:18am

Thanks for the advice!!! I can solder (sweat) the copper but should I use a union or just replace it the way it was without a union?

Thursday, June 2nd 2005, 5:20am

Just moved in last june. System worked fine last year but never used the gate valves. The controller box is an old discontinued rainbird crc6 so the valves are probably shot. Any chance of repairing the valves? There is no union so I think I would have to cut the nipples (or copper pipe) to replace. I am thinking of having a company out to repair it. Any idea on what it should cost? And by the way when this company blew out my system last year he said I had a missing sprinkler head. I never noti...

Wednesday, June 1st 2005, 3:57pm

I am also a novice in the same situation. I figured out how the 765 works but I have gate valves not ball valves. When I tighten these and the water doesn't stop for either the inlet or outlet. This may sound ignorant but do gate valves work the same as other valves righty tighty lefty loosey. The problem I am having is when I get the 765 to work (by taking the bell off and pulling up the plunger while my wife turns the main on in the basement)one of my zones seems to be stuck on and I can't tro...