You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Thursday, August 25th 2005, 5:00pm

Author: Cacofonix

Bad contractor install job - suggestions for fix

Well, I put off getting this done closer to fall so I could dig up and remove the 4" popups and replace with 6" ProSprays. I did that today, it wasn't too difficult. The head is above ground now but once I seed and grass grows around it, I think it will be all right. I'll just need to be careful around the heads while mowing.

Thursday, June 16th 2005, 4:02am

I get it now. This would mean that the riser sits between the supply pipes underground and the sprinkler thereby elevating it. This also means that the sprinkler would not be flush with the ground but would be elevated an inch or so. That should work. Are these risers available at Home Depot or Lowes? I can look up the Hunter ProSpray specs and make sure the riser has the right type of connections to thread properly. To install, I would just dig around the current sprinkler, pull it out, install...

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 5:34pm

Thanks for the explanation. Can I do this with the Hunter ProSpray head I currently have?

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 4:54pm

Sorry to sound so ignorant but how does the riser extender work? Thanks.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 4:14am

Thank you all for your responses. bobw: I will wait for your solution before I jump into anything. In the interim I'll keep the grass mowed low and see if it works OK.

Monday, June 13th 2005, 5:12am

The heads are flush with the dirt level and I don't think the grass is too high. I know the math does not seem to add up somehow. What is involved in replacing the existing head with the 6" spray head? Thanks!

Sunday, June 12th 2005, 6:03pm

I had a new irrigation system put in last fall. Went with the cheapest bidder because he was $1000 lower than the next lowest quote and I am regretting it. One of the issues is the the strip past the sidewalk where the guy installed 4" Hunter ProSprays with the RainBird 15SST nozzles. Problem is that the pop up height does not appear to be sufficient to clear the grass (Fescue) and there are significant patches that do not receive any water and are dead now. I hate to have to mow the grass too ...