You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 11:26am

Author: bosakie

Hunter PGV does not shut off

I have just completed my irrigation installation, 16 zones. All zones work properly except for one, when the zone kicks on it will not shut off. The only way I can get it to shut off is to shut off the supply line for a few seconds and then turn it back on. I have shut the controller off, but still the same. I have reset the controller and reprogrammed the controller still the same thing. I did this on the initial installation, then worked fine for a couple weeks, but has started to do it again....

Monday, August 11th 2008, 8:30am

PGP nozzles

Hello, I have just completed the installation of my lawn irrigation system. I have a little problem with the PGP rotors. The nozzle will not stay in the heads. The nozzle will actually launch itself out of the head. Is there a setting on the rotor to stop this? Zone Example: 155' at 1" all the way to the head. Reduced down to a 3/4" at the head. 5 heads on this line. Main comes directly from the well with a pump that delivers the amount of water you need when you want it. Inside, the well contro...

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 9:22pm

Febco 765 test

Hello, I have installed the Febco 765 and want to test for leaks before attaching valves. Is this possible or do I have to have the valves installed and shut off before I can test for the leaks. I would assume that I can have the outside and inside valve turned off, open the water main shut off valve and the quickly open the inside valve on the Febco 765. However, I get a very cold shower when I open the inside valve.

Wednesday, July 16th 2008, 8:51am

RE: Pipe design question

Quoted from "bosakie" I am getting ready to install my new sprinkler irrigation system and I have a few questions before I move forward. I have 1" coming off of my well system. I have an on-demand well and I can set the static pressure as needed. Currently the pressure is set at 80 psi and I record this reading at the faucet nearest to the main line and when I turn on a second faucet it does not drop. I also used a 5 Gal bucket for testing GPM as well. I turned on the faucet and it took 15 seco...

Sunday, July 13th 2008, 2:38pm

Pipe design question

I am getting ready to install my new sprinkler irrigation system and I have a few questions before I move forward. I have 1" coming off of my well system. I have an on-demand well and I can set the static pressure as needed. Currently the pressure is set at 80 psi and I record this reading at the faucet nearest to the main line and when I turn on a second faucet it does not drop. I also used a 5 Gal bucket for testing GPM as well. I turned on the faucet and it took 15 seconds to fill the bucket;...

Thursday, September 20th 2007, 5:09am

Best Option for backyard

I have a similar situation. I am opting for sprays in the barked/tree area. moving the rotors out to the lawn/grass area. Some of the plants do not take kindly to water on the leaf so I am putting low sprays so I can cover the area, trees included, with the appropriate amount of water.

Friday, August 3rd 2007, 2:14am

Lat and Main line question(s)

Thanks you for your input. I suspected that the main manifold would be over kill and probably more complicated as well as take up zone connections in the controller. I realize that I should not mix heads. from each zone manifold I would run two lines one for the rotors and one for the low sprayer heads. I will put a shut off in front of each zone manifold. I already have one in the house before the back flow and I will put on after the back low.

Thursday, August 2nd 2007, 9:14am

Lat and Main line question(s)

****o, I am currently designing my system and have a few questions. 1) I have a 1" main feed from my house and I want to hook a four valve system at this point after the back flow and the winterizing quick connector. I will have several zones that will also have a zone manifold. This is so I can continue to keep sub zones running in the event I have to work on another, Is this the best way to do this or is it over kill? 2) my lawn is framed by 10' wide bark with all types of flowers, trees, shru...

Friday, October 28th 2005, 9:55am

Outside or Inside controllers

This may be obvious, but is the differance betwee an outdoor controller and an indor controller is that the outdoor controler is water proof? Example: If one purchased and indoor water controller, could one use it outside located in the garage? I only ask because some products I have purchase indicate indoor and they mean inside where it is warm not in the garage where it is cold during the winter months.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 10:56am

Valve configuration

When designing a system should one consider a master valve before all zone valves? Is there a recommended wiring configuration if a master valve is used?

Monday, August 29th 2005, 10:31am

Need help in making sprinkler buying decision

would strategically placed bubblers do just as well as drip?

Monday, August 22nd 2005, 11:55am

What to use as the main supply line

Thank you, that makes life a lot easier. I have 1" copper to the backflow, PVC to the valves, and then Poly from there on. You guys rock. I have been reading this forum for sometime now and have learned a great deal from you comments. []

Monday, August 22nd 2005, 7:25am

Thanks, but after the valves is it better to poly or PVC. I have heard that if is use poly that I will not have as good of preasure. I am in an area where it will freeze so I know I will have to blow the system for the winter. I just want to make sure that all lines feeding the sprinkler heads are adequate.

Monday, August 22nd 2005, 5:22am

I have read a number of forums and I am still a little confused about what to use for the main supply line for our sprinkler system. Some say to use PVC pipe from the supply to the valves and beyond then one can branch off using poly pipe. Others say you can us PVC pipe from the supply to the valves and then use poly pipe as the main and then branch using smaller poly pipe to the sprinkler heads. I have a rather large area to cover with various zones, drip, spray, rotor. I have a 1" supply from ...

Monday, June 20th 2005, 11:41am

Wire Size - Long Runs

Could you place all the valves on one location and run the mains to the various zones. Example; I am looking at a 9 zone install with various types of watering heads. I was thinking that I could build central valve box with main distributed to the various locations. This way I can maintain the valve units in one location, place a backflow valve in this cintral location, and implement a fertalizer infrastructure all in one place, up close to the house without having valve boxes distributed throug...

Monday, June 20th 2005, 11:23am

Sprinkler Layout

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i> <br />Ryan- Looks like you've got a pretty decent start to your irrigation system. Good drawing, and you've done your homework as far as measuring water pressure and flow rate. (Which I would expect from a plumber!) I would suggest the Hunter products, but both Hunter and Rain Bird make a decent product. For your front lawn area on both ...