You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 8:49pm

Author: rastogi999

Hunter I-20

The contractor did not specify a specific brand, but does state that the 3/4 HP pump should get the pressure up to abot 60 PSI. Do you have any recommendations on Booster pumps, in your experience in terms of reliability and performance. Thanks again.

Wednesday, July 27th 2005, 8:44pm

Controllers and Backflow devices

Thanks for the excellent information.! The contractor states that he only installs the "RPZ Wilkins" backflow preventer, because he is able to remove it during winterization, which he cannot do with the Febco model 765. He states that he will only warrant the Wilkins unit. Can you confirm whether this RPZ Wilkins unit is removable? Is it advantageous to install a removable Backflow preventer?..or should I still insist on the Febco model? I would appreciate your input again. Thanks.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 8:54am

Controllers and Backflow devices

I have two bids for installation of a irrigation system in my front and rear yards (total lot size 120 X 80 ft - rear yard is 45 X 80 ft) They plan about 7-10 zones. One contractor is using the Hunter ICC controller and the other the Hunter Pro-C. I am not sure which is better (ie reliability and ease of use) Also one of the contractors has listed the use of the Febco Model 765 Backflow Valve as well as the Wilkins Model 975XLU backpressure device. The other contractor however has not listed any...

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 8:34am

Help with system selection

Regarding the use of the Hunter Spray heads, what is the difference between the SRS Sprays vs the PS Sprays. I have two bids with the contractors using the two different makes of hunter sprays. From the discussion it seems that the Pro-Spray series is superior. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 8:27am

Hunter I-20

Regarding the issue of water pressure to allow the use of the Hunter I-20 rotor, I am thinking of installing an irrigation system and would like to use the I-20 for the superior warranty and durability over the PGPs. However the water pressure in my system only measures 34PSI. My contractor will be installing a 3/4 HP booster pump. Will this be sufficient.., or should I abandon the idea of the I-20? Would a specific type of booster pump be recommended to allow for use of the I-20 rotors?