You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, August 29th 2005, 6:48am

Author: c4char

Run Times

The run time and cycling that Tom presented above makes sense to me. Cycling through the same zones for shorter periods of time instead of running it one time for x amount of minutes because of soil intake. I never owned a sprinkler system and I am trying to decide between two estimates. Do all controllers accomodate this type of cycling of the same zone? Does the Rainbird ESP Modular? Does the Orbit Professional Control Center?

Monday, August 29th 2005, 5:38am

Hunter I-20 vs Rainbird 5000 Series

Quick question here, I am between two sprinkler system estimates. One company uses Orbit Professional line (trying to get more info on this product in another post) for everything the other estimate uses Rainbird line for everything but gave me a choice of upgrading from the Rainbird 5000 Series Rotors to Hunter I-20 for cost which will cost me an additional $6 a head. Since I have only 20 rotaries, It will only be $120 additional. Is it worth it for a residential application? Let me know your o...

Monday, August 29th 2005, 5:29am

Orbit Professional Controller

Has anyone had any actual experience with the Orbit Professional line? There is an unconditional 7 year warranty with the entire line which includes: 200 Series Valves 5500 Series PR Rotars 5400 Series Hard Top Sprays Control Center 57552 12 station module I am between two estimates right now and holding off on the decision because I want to make sure that the gear will last. I have had a hard time trying to find reviews from people who actually use these products. I have found info on cheaper O...

Thursday, August 25th 2005, 12:26pm

Need help in making sprinkler buying decision

I plan on accepting a contract tomorrow morning for my home -entire property. Estimates range from $3500-$5000. Each company envisions different installation. Two companies will do all beds with sprays whereas one company wants to run about 1000 feet or drip line with holes and emitters every foot. I think it is the Rainbird Drip line. The property is 1/4 acre with inground pool and a lot of new landscaping (Over 75 plants with 60 being 4ft to 10ft.) Just finished a major backyard renovation. Wa...